- List Box controls containing more than 10 000 elements
- Visibility/Invisibility of elements in a List Box or Combo Box control
- Customizing the elements found in a List Box or Combo Box control
- Sorted/Unsorted List Box control
- Tabulations: multi-selection List Box control
- Adding an element onto the browser
In French: ListeInsère
Inserts an element into a memory List Box control, a memory ListView control or a memory Combo Box control.
- To add an element at the end of List Box (or Combo Box) control, use ListAdd.
- ListInsert can be used on the single-selection and multi-selection List Box controls.
- To manage the content of a Combo Box control found in a container table column, use ..Content.
: The element will only be added to the page displayed in the browser. See Remarks for more details.
This function is now available for the WINDEV applications in Linux.
// Add "Clark" in 4th position into "LIST_CustomerList"
ListInsert(LIST_CustomerList, "Clark", 4)
<Result> = ListInsert(<List Box Control> , <Element> [, <Image> [, <Element Subscript>]])
- True if the element was inserted,
- False otherwise.
returns no result.
<List Box Control>: Control name
Name of memory List Box or memory Combo Box control to use.
If this parameter corresponds to an empty string (""), the element is inserted in the List Box or Combo Box control to which the current process belongs.
The name of List Box or Combo Box control to use must necessarily be specified.
<Element>: Character string (with quotes)
Element that must be inserted into the specified memory List Box (or Combo Box) control.
This parameter can contain:
- Carriage Return characters (CR) to add several rows. In this case:
- if <Element Subscript> is not specified, the elements are actually added.
- If <Element Subscript> is specified, only the first element will be added.
- tabulations (TAB) to get a multi-element list box (see the Notes).
To add several consecutive spaces, non-breakable space characters must be used: Charact(160).
<Image>: Optional character string (with quotes)
Name and path of image that will be added into a listview. This parameter is taken into account for the ListView controls displayed in ListView mode only. If this parameter is not specified, the default image (defined in the "Details" tab in the description window of control) will be used.
<Element Subscript>: Optional integer
Subscript of element to insert.
If this parameter:
- is not specified, the element is inserted:
- before the current element in case of a single-selection List Box control. If there is no current element, the element is inserted at the end of the memory List Box (or Combo Box) control.
- at the end of the List Box (or Combo Box) control in case of a multi-selection List Box control.
- is greater than the number of elements found in the List Box (or Combo Box) control, the element is inserted at the end of the memory List Box (or Combo Box) control. The number of elements found in a List Box (or Combo Box) control is returned by ListCount.
- is equal to 0, the element is added at the beginning of memory List Box (or Combo Box) control.
List Box controls containing more than 10 000 elements
The maximum number of elements found in a List Box control is limited by the available memory (theoretical maximum: 2 billion rows). Nevertheless, filling a List Box control with an important number of elements (more than 10 000) affects the performances.
To add a large number of elements to a List Box control, we recommend you use a browsing List Box control (that is a List Box control directly linked to a HFSQL data file).
Tabulations: multi-selection List Box control
To manage the tabulations in a List Box control (alignment of columns), use the TAB constant. For example:
ListInsert(LIST_Customer, LastName + TAB + FirstName)
In this example, all the first names start from the same position and are aligned one below another.
: The first call to ListInsert
defines the position of tabulations. These positions will be taken as reference for all values added thereafter. Similarly, if values have been typed entered in the editor, the positions of these values are taken as reference. During the first call to ListInsert
, we advise you to define the width of columns with Complete
. For example, to fix the width of columns found in "LIST_Customer" to 10 characters:
ListInsert(LIST_Customer, Complete(LastName, 10) + TAB + Complete(FirstName, 10))
Adding an element onto the browser
When adding an element in browser code, this element is added to the page displayed in the browser only. In order for this element to be added onto the server, ListInsert must be run on the server.
: In "Automatic and immediate AJAX" mode, all you have to do is switch the server process containing ListInsert
to automatic AJAX mode. That's it! No additional programming is required. See AJAX
for more details.
- To insert an element into a Table control, use TableInsert.
- ListInsert can be used on a "Combo box" column found in a Table control .
This page is also available for…
ListInsert(LSV_Listview, "Imagen 1","D:\_GRAVACOES\Amarildo\Blog_Mandar_imagem\2016-10-04_1348.png", 1)
ListInsert(LSV_Listview, "Imagen 2","D:\_GRAVACOES\Amarildo\07112016_segunda\001\Video_Falta_1000.png", 2)
//Blog com Video E Exemplo