From version 16
, this feature is no longer available.
Refreshes the current accesses to a PALM database according to the last modifications performed on this database (addition, deletion or modification of records). These database modifications are caused by:
- the modification of records with PalmDeskTop,
- the synchronization between PalmPilot and the current computer.
is used to create a "View" of data found in one of the Palm Pilot databases. All the database records are loaded in memory and they can be handled by the PALM functions. You have the ability to handle the records corresponding to a specific access. You have the ability to filter these records, read these records, ...
// Different processes and positioning
// Synchronize with the Palm of the FP user
// Refresh the databases of FP
// Process and synchronization with the Palm Pilot
// Refresh all the databases of all the users
<Result> = PalmRefresh([<User Name>])
If successful, the current position corresponds to:
- True if the accesses have been refreshed,
- False otherwise. To find out the error details, use ErrorInfo.
- the current position before the refresh operation only if the current record was not modified (deleted) during the synchronization.
- the first record of the access if the current record before the synchronization is not valid anymore.
<User Name>: Optional character string (with quotes)
Name of database owner. All the accesses defined for this user will be updated if necessary. This user must be recognized by the HotSync software, provided with the Palm Pilot.
If this parameter is not specified, all the defined accesses will be updated if necessary.
PalmRefresh refreshes the specified accesses only if this update is required, which means only if the records selected in the access have been modified in the PALM database.