- Nested browse in different views
In french: NotesActiveVue
Indicates the view that must be handled in Lotus Notes. This view becomes the current view. The following searches and/or browses will be performed in this view.
To perform searches and/or browses in the entire Lotus Notes database, use NotesDeactivateView
// Open the connection
ConnectionID is int
ConnectionID = NotesOpenConnection("Password", "MarsServer", ...
// Specify the Lotus Notes database to use
DatabaseID is int
DatabaseID = NotesOpenDatabase(ConnectionID, "julia.nsf")
// Activate the view
// This view contains the "LastName", "FirstName", "Age" and "City" columns
// Only the "LastName", "First Name", "Age" and "City" columns can be sorted
// Find in this view the customers whose last name starts with "Mar",
// whose first name starts with "John" and whose city starts with "San"
NotesViewSeekFirst(DatabaseID, notesStartsWith, "Mar", "John", "San")
// Browse the customers found
WHILE NotesOut(DatabaseID) = False
... // Processes
<Result> = NotesActivateView(<Session identifier> , <View name>)
- True if the view was enabled,
- False otherwise. If an error occurs, the ErrorOccurred variable is set to True. To get more details on the error, use ErrorInfo with the errMessage constant.
<Session identifier>: Integer
Session ID to be used. This identifier is returned by EmailStartNotesSession or NotesOpenDatabase.
<View name>: Character string
Name of the view to activate. This view becomes the current view.
Nested browse in different views
If a current view is found ("ViewA" for example), another view can be enabled ("ViewB" for example). In this case, the last view enabled ("ViewB" in our example) corresponds to the current view and the context of the first view ("ViewA" in our example) is stored.
To perform browses and/or searches again:
- in the first view ("ViewA"), this view must be re-enabled. The context of this view will be retrieved.
- in the entire Lotus Notes database, the last view enabled must be disabled ("ViewB").
This page is also available for…