Prints a document (text or PDF file, images, Word or Excel document, ...) by using the Cloud Print service of Google.
sPath is string = CompleteDir(SysDirStorageCard()) + "invoice.pdf"
IF NOT GglPrintDocument(sPath)
Error("The document was not printed.")
<Result> = GglPrintDocument(<Path>)
Note: You cannot find out whether the beginning of the print was validated by the user.
- True if the request for printing was performed (which means if the window for printer selection was displayed),
- False otherwise. To find out the error details, use ErrorInfo.
<Path>: Character string (with quotes)
Name and full (or relative) path of the document to print. This parameter can correspond to :
- a file found in the application directory.
- a file found on the external memory (SDCard).
- a file included in the application from the generation wizard. In this case, only the name of the file and its extension are required. The file does not have to be extracted beforehand.
- an online resource. In this case, the URL of the resource must be prefixed by "http" (or "https").
Google Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print is a free service that is used to send, on the Google servers, the files that will be printed on the preset printers. Therefore, the print is performed via Internet.
To use the Google Cloud Print service:
- Configure the printers on the site of Google Cloud Print.
- In the application, use GglPrintDocument.
Operating mode on the phone
GglPrintDocument opens several pages in the current application.
- If the user is not connected, a page for connecting to Google is displayed. In this page, you must type the login and password of the Google account that was used to define the printers.
- A page proposes the different available printers. All you have to do is select the requested printer to define the print options and to start the final print.
The call to this function modifies the permissions required by the application.
Required permission: INTERNET: this permission allows the applications to open the network sockets.
Cross-platform examples (WINDEV Mobile): WM Expense Account
Component : wd250android.jar