- Special cases
- WLanguage procedure
In french: fSurveilleFichier
Triggers the tracking of a file. In case of file modification, a specific procedure is run in a thread.
// Name of file to track
sFileName is string = "C:\Temp\MyDir\MyFile.extension"
// The ProcessModification procedure will be called when the
// "C:\Temp\MyDir\MyFile.extension" file is modified.
IF fTrackFile(sFileName, fTrackFile_Callback, ...
ftCreateFile + ftModifyFile + ftDeleteFile + ...
// Inform the user that the file will be tracked
Info("The " + sFileName + " file will be tracked.")
// Inform the user that the file will not be tracked
Info("The " + sFileName + " file will not be tracked.")
// Code of the procedure
INTERNAL PROCEDURE fTrackFile_Callback(sFullName, sFileName, nAction, sOldFileName)
sActionDesignation is string
// The designation of the action depends on nAction
CASE ftCreateFile: sActionDesignation = "Creating files"
CASE ftDeleteFile: sActionDesignation = "Deleting files"
CASE ftModifyFile: sActionDesignation = "Modifying files"
CASE ftRename: sActionDesignation = "Renaming files"
// Add a line containing the information about the modification
// in the TABLE_MODIFICATIONS control
TableAddLine(TABLE_MODIFICATIONS, sFullName, sFileName, ...
<Result> = fTrackFile(<File to track> , <WLanguage procedure> [, <Modifications to notify>])
- True if the tracking of the file is enabled,
- False otherwise. To get more details on the error, use ErrorInfo.
<File to track>: Character string
Full name of the file to track.
<WLanguage procedure>: Procedure name
Name of the WLanguage procedure ("callback") called when a change is made to the specified file.
<Modifications to notify>: Optional Integer constant (or combination of constants)
Modifications performed in the file to track and for which the procedure must be run:
|ftAll||All the possible actions will be tracked. Corresponds to ftCreateFile + ftModifyFile + ftRename + ftDeleteFile.|
|ftCreateFile||The <Name of modified file> file was created.|
|ftDeleteFile||The <Name of modified file> file was deleted.|
|ftModifyFile||The <Name of modified file> file was modified.|
|ftRename||The <Name of modified file> file was renamed.|
- To stop tracking the file, use fTrackStop and fTrackStopAll.
- To track the modifications performed on the content of a directory, use fTrackDirectory.
- Only 5 files can be tracked at the same time.
- You cannot track a file found at the root of a disk (for performance reasons).
The WLanguage procedure is run in a WLanguage thread.
Caution: The following processes cannot be run in the threads:
- opening windows with WLanguage functions such as Open, Use, Close, ... A specific management mode must be implemented if some windows must be handled in threads (rare case). For more details, see Opening a window in a secondary thread.
- managing events.
- managing timers.
This page is also available for…