Stops the execution of the current thread.
- If the current thread is the main thread, ThreadEnd is equivalent to EndProgram: the application is stopped.
- To stop a secondary thread, you can implement a stop system via ThreadEnd. You have the ability to:
- declare a Boolean global variable in the main thread (gbEnd for example). This variable determines whether the secondary thread must be stopped.
- in the secondary thread, check the value of the variable. If it is set to True, use ThreadEnd to end the current secondary thread.
- in main the thread, set the variable to True to force the secondary thread to stop.
// Code of main thread
gbEnd is boolean
gbEnd = False
// Start the secondary thread
ThreadExecute("Thread1", threadNormal, ThreadProcedure)
// End the secondary thread
gbEnd = True
// Code of secondary thread
IF gbEnd = True THEN ThreadEnd()