- The options of user groupware
- Implementing the user groupware in your application
- Options of "Integration" tab
- Integration mode of groupware
- Integrated user groupware (customer center)
- Version of user groupware
- "Reports and Queries" software
- Options of "Runtime" tab
- Starting the user groupware
- Automatic login in test mode
- "Files" tab
- Type of database
- Password of data files
- Enabling the history of connections
- "Options" tab
- Type of identification
User groupware: Options and setting
An application is often intended to be used by several users connected via a network. Similarly, a site is always intended to be used by several Web users. In most cases, different access levels must be defined according to the user or to the Web user.
To manage these access levels in your WINDEV applications or in you WEBDEV sites, all you have to do is include the user groupware in your application or in your site. In just a few mouse clicks, a standard application can be changed into an application that manages several access levels. This feature can be easily implemented.
The options of user groupware
Implementing the user groupware in your application
To implement the user groupware in your application or in your site:
- On the "Project" pane, in the "Project" group, click "User groupware".
- In the "Integration" tab, select the integration modes of user groupware:
- Automatic user groupware (recommended): WINDEV and WEBDEV take care of everything. All you have to do is start the application or the site to configure the user accesses.
- Custom user groupware: All elements of user groupware are included in your project via an internal component. You can customize the different elements of the user groupware. However, the evolutions of the product will not be integrated.
- An administrator account will be created during the first execution of application or site under the "supervisor" name. Then, the corresponding password can be specified.
Options of "Integration" tab
Integrated user groupware (customer center)
The option "Enable the integrated user groupware mode" is used to include the page for connecting to the user groupware in the site. This allows you to work with the automatic user groupware (and to benefit from its updates) while being able to customize the connection page.
If this option is selected, the internal component named WDGPU_WB_CNX is included in your project. This component contains a control template ("TPLC_GPU_Connection") that is used to manage the connection. All you have to do is include this control template in the requested pages (or templates) via Drag and Drop.
After integration, you have the ability to customize this control template:
- by overloading the controls and/or the processes for small modifications,
- by modifying the control template for more important modifications.
Remark: The "Runtime" tab is not accessible if the integrated user groupware is enabled.
Version of user groupware
You have the ability to use the previous version of user groupware via the following options:
- "Mode compatible with version 17 and earlier".
- "Mode compatible with version 18 and earlier".
This version is kept for backward compatibility. See User groupware in compatible mode
for more details.
"Reports and Queries" software
If the option "Forbid the reports and queries found in the application to be edited in "Reports and Queries"" is checked, the application will not allow the use of Reports and Queries for the reports and queries of application.
Remark: This option is identical to the option "Allow "Reports and Queries" to be started" found in the "Advanced" tab of project description.
Starting the user groupware
Two modes can be used to start the user groupware:
- Auto run: The login window or page of the user groupware is displayed before any other window/page of the application. The initialization code of project is run when the login window/page is opened and validated.
- Manual start: The login window or page will be opened only if gpwOpen (or gpwLogin) is used. This option is used to run the initialization code of project before opening the login window/page. This option is useful for a multilingual application for example: A window or a page can be displayed to request the runtime language of application.
Automatic login in test mode
Specify the login and password that will be used in automatic test
mode. This information will be used if an automatic test is run on the application.
Type of database
The user groupware handles data files used to identify the users and to define their rights.
These files can be:
- in HFSQL Classic format (by default). The directory of data files must be specified.
- in HFSQL Client/Server format. The characteristics of the connection to the HFSQL server must be specified as well as the directory of the different categories of files.
Important: The location information will be applied in "Auto run" mode only. If you want to use the "Manual run" mode for the groupware, call gpwOpen
Password of data files
By default, the data files found in the user groupware have a specific password. This password is: "PCSGPW2001".
To change this password, enter the new password. The characters typed are hidden.
- The change of password is taken into account only if it is performed before creating the data files of user groupware.
- This password is used when the files are re-indexed or when the files are opened by WDMAP.
Enabling the history of connections
If the history of connections is enabled:
- An additional data file is created. This file contains the history of connections.
- When configuring the application, the supervisor can access the history of connections via the "History of connections" button.
This history is displayed in a specific window/page. This window/page allows you to identify all the users who have been connected to a given application during a specific period. A chart indicates the number of connections per hour during the day. A button is available to clear the history if necessary.
Type of identification
Three types of identification are available:
- Identification entirely managed by the user groupware.
- Identification from an LDAP directory.
This option is used not to duplicate the logins and passwords by being based on the users found in the LDAP directory.
- Use of Windows authentication.
This option requires to create the users in the database of user groupware. Only the supervisor (supervisor password) is created by default. During the first execution, you must:
- connect with the supervisor user.
- create the users who exist in Windows.
Remark: There is no need to specify a password for these users: their Windows password will be checked for their authentication.
For an identification from a LDAP directory, you must configure the characteristics of the LDAP server used for test (and at run time). The requested information is:
- Address of server
- Port number of server.
- Version of contacted LDAP server.
By programming, all you have to do is use gpwOpenLDAPSession
- The user groupware operates with Active Directory. It does not operate with openLDAP.
- When the server port corresponds to port 636, the connection is automatically made in "Negociate" mode.
Several options are available according to the type of identification:
- No management of rights: This option is available for the LDAP and Windows identifications.
In this case, no groupware file will be created. If the application is started in automatic mode, the login window will ask the user to identify himself. If the user is saved in the LDAP directory or in Windows, the application will start ; otherwise, it will be closed. A supervisor cannot configure the rights on the windows or pages. If this option is not checked, the identification is performed with management of rights: only the users found in the LDAP directory will be able to connect. The rights can be configured on the windows or pages.
- Single sign-on (SSO): This option allows the user to identify once only (in the first application run). The other applications using the user groupware will automatically connect with the specified user. If a Windows authentication is used with this option, the users will not have to type any login: the connection is automatic. In this case, to configure the groupware, the Windows session must have been started by a user who is supervisor.
This page is also available for…
Para migrar para a base de dados nativa precisa da senha dos arquivos do groupware
To migrate to the native database you need the groupware files password. By default, the data files found in the user groupware have a specific password.
This password is: "PCSGPW2001".
Para migrar para a base de dados nativa precisa da senha dos arquivos do groupware. Por padrão, os arquivos de dados encontrados no groupware de usuários possuem uma senha específica.
Esta senha é: "PCSGPW2001".
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO CHANGE THE PADREO PASSWORD
ALTAMENTE RECOMENDADO ALTERAR A SENHA PADRAO