Searches for a value in all the attributes of a Looper control.
// Click code of the Button control [Search]
nPos is int
nPos = LooperSearchEverywhere(LOOP_Order, EDT_Search, searchContains)
// If found
IF nPos > 0 THEN
// Selects the row
LOOP_Order = nPos
<Result> = LooperSearchEverywhere(<Looper control> , <Sought value> [, <Type of search> [, <Start>]])
- Index of the element found,
- -1 if the search failed.
<Looper control>: Control name
Name of the Looper control where the search will be performed. The search is performed in all the attributes.
<Sought value>: Character string
Value sought in all attributes.
<Type of search>: Optional Integer constant
Type of search to perform:
|Generic search of type "Contains": |
<Result> corresponds to the index of the row where elements have a value containing <Sought value>.
|searchExactMatch||Exact-match search whose type is "Equals to": |
<Result> corresponds to the index of the rows where elements have a value strictly equal to <Sought value>.
|searchStartsWith||Generic search whose type is "Starts with": |
<Result> corresponds to the index of the row where elements have a value starting with <Sought value>.
<Start>: Optional integer
Start index for the search (1 by default).
- LooperSearchEverywhere can be used on:
- a Looper control based on a data file. However, this function is not available for the Table controls based on a data file with direct access.
- a Looper control populated programmatically.
- The value is sought among the attributes that are linked to a visible text value (for example, Value on an Edit control or Caption on a Static control)
- The search is not performed in the hidden attributes.
The search is not case sensitive, even if the search is an exact-match search.
Business / UI classification: UI Code