- The different types of blocks
A printed report includes several sections:
- a start of document,
- a page header,
- the page body,
- a page footer,
- an end of document,
- one or several breaks, if the report is sorted.
To manage the different sections of the report, the report editor divides the structure of the report into blocks. A WLanguage process can be associated with each block.
Report in edit and preview of report execution
The different types of blocks
A report includes different types of blocks. Each block:
- can contain all types of controls.
- has specific parameters and print options.
- is associated with different WLanguage processes.
A report contains at least the Body block and it can only contain one block of each type (except for the iteration block and for the break blocks).
The different types of blocks are as follows (according to the order in which they appear in the report editor):
- To select a block, click its label on the left of the report.
- By default, the labels of the blocks are entirely displayed on the left of the reports. To display the abbreviated labels, on the "Display" tab, in the "View" group, uncheck "Full name of blocks" (F10).
- During the click on a block name or in a report section, the delimiters of the block are highlighted.
This page is also available for…