- Default display masks
- Preset masks
- Additional masks
- Custom input masks
The Time control: Input or display masks
WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile propose two types of masks:
- the input masks that define the characters that can be typed in the controls found in a window or in a page. Sometimes, these masks can also be used to modify the case (uppercase/lowercase characters) of the values assigned to the window controls or to the page controls through programming.
- the display masks that define the characters that can be:
- displayed in the window controls.
- printed in the report controls.
By default, when creating a Time control:
- the "Time defined by the project" input mask is selected: the information defined in the parameters for managing the times for the project is automatically taken into account. Reminder: These parameters are defined for each language in the "Languages" tab of project description:
- On the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, click "Description".
- Select the "Languages" tab then the "Time" tab.
- The format used corresponds to:
- the settings of the operating system,
- the specified parameters.
- the "Same mask as the input" display mask is selected.
- In a report, when creating a preset Date control, the wizard allows you to select the display format of the control.
- A list of preset masks is proposed in the description window of the control. You can:
- select a preset mask.
- create a custom mask.
The following masks are proposed (in the order in which they appear in the window editor, page editor or report editor):
- 'HH:MM:SS AM': used to manage the time in AM/PM format.
- the system time. The system time depends on the input mask selected in the regional system parameters ("Regional options" in the control panel).
In WEBDEV, you also have the ability to select HTML 5 input masks. These input masks allow you to use the HTML 5 checks to validate the input.
Caution: These masks are not supported by all browsers and they may behave differently depending on the browser used.
The following HTML 5 input masks are available:
|Selected mask||Purpose||Effects during the input in the control|
|Time (HTML5)||Enter a time in HH:MM format|
- Internet Explorer 9: Not supported.
- Internet Explorer 11: Not supported.
- Edge 38: Control with a spin used to automatically modify the time.
When validating the form, if the entered value is incorrect, a message asking you to a enter correct value is displayed.
- FireFox 5: Not supported.
- Chrome 12: Control with a spin used to automatically modify the time.
When validating the form, if the entered value is incorrect, a tooltip asking you to enter a correct value is displayed. The focus is set on the control.
- Opera 11.11: Control with a spin used to automatically modify the time.
- Safari 5: When validating the form, if the entered value is incorrect, the focus is set on the control.
The following elements can be used to define a custom mask:
- 'HH' (hour)
- 'MM' (minutes)
- 'SS' (seconds)
- 'CC' (hundredths of a second)
These masks can be combined. For example: The 'It is HH Hour(s) MM Minute(s)' will give a result in the following format: "It is 10 Hour(s) 26 Minute(s)".
The custom input masks are managed in read-only: they are not available when the Web user performs an input in the control.
This page is also available for…