- Creating the project
- Dashboard and project elements
- The project elements
- Operations performed on a project
- Project documentation
- Type of documentation
- Print areas
2. The project in practice
When describing a site, the first step consists in creating a project.
When creating a project, several questions will be asked in order for your project to match your expectations. All characteristics specified when creating the project can be modified later.
To create a project
- Click on among the quick access buttons of WEBDEV. The element creation window appears: click "Project". The project creation wizard starts.
- Specify the different project options. The main options are as follows:
- the creation mode of the project. You can create a blank project or a project based on an existing example (Application RAD).
- the type of project generation. This option allows you to define the type of site generated by the project: static site, dynamic WEBDEV site (session mode or AWP), dynamic PHP site, etc.
- the name and location. These options cannot be modified. The project corresponds to a ".WWP" file. All the objects associated with the project will be created in the specified directory.
- whether the project will be used by several developers. You have the ability to use the source code manager (SCM) to share the project.
- the code style. This code style is used to automatically prefix variables, names of controls, names of pages, etc.
- the style book.
- the supported languages . These languages will be proposed by default as soon as an option can be translated in a control, a window, a report, ...
- Specify whether the project is associated with a database or not. If yes, it can be an existing database or a new one.
- Validate the wizard. The created project becomes the current project.
- If you have requested the creation of a database, the analysis creation wizard will start automatically.
- The specified information can be modified in the project description. To open the project description window, go to the "Project" pane, "Project" group and click "Description".
Dashboard and project elements
Any project manager would like to have a global and synthetic view of the status of his projects.
Any quality manager would like to know the number of critical bugs and follow their status.
The product manager would like to know what new features are requested by the users.
The developer wants to quickly start the most common project elements, sections of code, ...
The dashboard gives an answer to all these wishes. The dashboard proposes different indicators called "Widgets". These Widgets can be configured by the user: you have the ability to add or delete some, and to resize them.
You can for example display the project statistics (number of pages, ...), the result of different audits (static audit, dynamic audit, ...), ...
To display the dashboard of your project:
- Display the popup menu of project in the bar of opened documents.
- Select "Display the dashboard".
See 3. Project dashboard
for more details.
The project elements
The project includes pages, reports, queries, sets of procedures, ...
To know the list of elements of a project, on the "Project" pane, in the "Project" group, click "List of elements".
This option is used to:
- add into your project elements belonging to projects accessible from your computer. The corresponding files will not be moved into the directory of your project.
- delete elements from your project. The corresponding files are not physically deleted.
To quickly find an element in your project, press "Ctrl + E" from any editor.
Operations performed on a project
Let's see the main operations that can be performed on a project:
WEBDEV allows you to print different documentations that present all the elements of the project (pages, reports, data files, items, etc.). To print these documentations:
- on the "Home" pane, in the "General" group, expand the icon and select "Print the project documentation". The documentation can contain all project characteristics.
- on the "Home" pane, in the "General" group, click . In this case, the documentation contains the characteristics of the current element (page, report, query, ...).
Type of documentation
Several types of documentation are proposed:
- Overall: Contains basic information about the project elements.
- Code: Contains all the processes of all the project objects and procedures.
- Full documentation: Contains all project information. This type of documentation can be very large.
- Custom: Corresponds to a selection of information to print.
Edit mode of the documentation
The documentation can be printed on the selected printer. When printing, the documentation is displayed in the report viewer. You can:
- start the print,
- export the documentation as PDF (via the "Export" tab of the report viewer).
If graphical representations (LDM, UML diagrams, etc.) must be printed, the print areas must be configured before
printing the documentation.
To specify the print areas of current graphic representation:
- On the "Display" pane, in the "Edit" group, check the option "Print areas". Borders representing the areas that can be printed in the documentation are displayed in the current editor.
- Reduce the display of graphic representation ("Zoom" option of "Display" pane or Ctrl + Mouse wheel) to see the entire graph.
- With the mouse:
- move these borders to the desired location by keeping the mouse button down (the mouse cursor is black).
- choose the number of pages on which the graphic representation must be printed (the mouse cursor turns into a North-West/South-East double arrow).