WEBDEV allows you to create static pages and dynamic pages. Two types of actions can be programmed in a WEBDEV site:
To manage these two types of actions, the code editor of WEBDEV differentiates between two types of code:
- Server code (Yellow code in the code editor)
This code is written in WLanguage. This code is run on the server.
This code is only available in dynamic pages.
- Browser code (green or blue code)
This code is run locally (on the computer of the user) and requires no server action.
The code run on the computer of the Web user (in the browser) is represented by a green bar or by a blue bar in the code editor.
- Green bar = WLanguage: the WL symbol is displayed on the code header.
We recommend that you develop in WLanguage.
Reminder: The browser code is available in the dynamic pages and in the static pages.
- The accesses to the controls must be done via their aliases.
- "_PAGE_" is used to access the form containing the controls of the current page
|JSEvent||Associates a browser procedure with an event on an object in browser code.|
|JSEndEvent||Deletes the association between a WLanguage browser function and an event (implemented by JSEvent).|
|JSInterruptEvent||Interrupts the process of current event.|
|JSProperty||Used to handle specific features on the objects found in the current page.|