1. Characteristics of the project
|From version 18, the options used to handle the developer groupware are not available in the ribbon. These menu options are available in the drop-down menu of WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile that can be accessed: |
- Via the icons
- Via the main menu accessible via the logo of product version:
Several developers are involved in the development of a project:
- Open the project description window: on the "Project" pane, in the "Project" group, click "Description".
- Display the "SCM" tab.
- Select "Teamwork by using the developer groupware".
2. Opening a project element (window, report, ...)
Two new concepts appear:
- Checking out a project element.
- Checking an element back in.
By default, in groupware, any project element opened in a WINDEV editor is automatically "checked out from the project".
Only the developer who opened this element is allowed to modify it.
The other developers can only view the element in the status it was "before check-out".
The checked-out element appears in a blue border in the project editor. The name of the developer who checked out the element is displayed.
When running the test of the project or when creating an executable, the other developers handle the element in the status it was before being checked out.
Remark: To view a project element (without modifying it), open the element in "Read-only" mode ("Open in read-only" from the popup menu of the element in the project editor).
3. Finding out the status of the project elements
To find out the status of the project elements, select "Project .. Developer groupware .. Status of elements". This option also allows you to check out elements or to check in one or more elements.
4. End of element modification: check-in
Once the element has been modified (20 minutes, 1 hour or several days after the check-out), it must be checked back in ("File .. Groupware .. Check in" or "Check in" from the popup menu of the element). The element is now available to the other developers.
Caution: If you check in an element that remains opened in your editor, the element will be in "Read-only" mode for the other developers.
5. Running the test of a project or creating an executable
- No element was checked in by the other developers since the last compilation of the project: standard mode.
- One or more elements have been checked in since the last compilation of the project: a synchronization with a full recompilation of the project is proposed by default. This recompilation is optional (see "Choosing the synchronization with or without compilation").
6. Rights granted to the developers
WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile give the ability to define specific access rights on the different project elements.
This option can be used to restrict the access rights granted to a trainee for example.
This option is rarely used and it is not required for teamwork.
Useful to know
|From version 17, the management of rights is no longer available in the developer groupware.|
- Teamwork and modification of the analysis:
The modifications performed in the analysis are not automatically performed on the elements checked out by other developers.
These elements must be updated later via "Project .. Other actions .. Synchronize the remaining elements".
We recommend that you check in all the elements before modifying the analysis.
- Teamwork and backup of the project (on the "Project" pane, in the "Other actions" group, expand "Save/Restore" and select "Save the project"):
By default, only the checked-in elements are saved. To save the checked-out elements, check "Content of project sub-directories".