- How to?
- Viewing the task list
- Adding a task
- Handling the tasks
Each project can be associated with a task list. This list is used to inform the developers about the modifications that must be made to the project.
These modifications can affect:
- a process in the code of the entire project,
- an object (window, report, ...) to modify or create, etc.
- This task list is not linked to the Project Monitoring Center.
- To manage the tasks and a full schedule, we recommend that you use the Project Monitoring Center. For more details, see How do I manage my tasks and my schedule.
Adding a task
Two methods can be used to ask a task, depending on the nature of the task.
Case 1: Adding a task specific to the programming: In the code, enter the description of the task preceded by "//To do". For example:
// To do: Management of bar codes
Remark: To position in the code at the specific location containing the task to perform, all you have to do is double-click the caption of the task in the "Task list" pane.
Case 2: Adding a task via the "Task list" pane
in the "Task list" pane
. Each task can:
- Be assigned to one of the project developers.
- Correspond to a specific priority level (high, medium or low priority). This gives you the ability to sort the tasks by priority level.
Handling the tasks
To handle the tasks, use the popup menu of the "Task list" pane.
Remark: The display of tasks in the "Task list" pane is not synchronized with the code. For example, if the comment line "// To do: Management of bar codes" is deleted, the corresponding task in the "Task list" pane will not be automatically deleted.
This page is also available for…