- How to?
- To make a backup of the current project:
Making a backup of a project
It is possible to regularly make a backup of the different elements of a project.
During this backup, you can create:
- an archive file (ZIP extension). This file contains all the project elements that were saved.
- a simple copy of the project.
The saved project can be restored at any time.
To make a backup of the current project:
- On the "Project" tab, in the "Other actions" group, expand "Backup/Restore" and select "Make a project backup". The archiving wizard starts.
- Select the categories of the project files to save.
- Select the type of backup to perform:
- Compressed backup file (zip). In this case, specify the name of the backup directory and file. This name can be a custom name or it can contain the backup date. Caution: If the backup is performed in the directory of versions and if a version with the same name was already saved, the corresponding archive will be overwritten.
- Backup copy. In this case, specify the name of the backup directory. This name may be a custom name or it may contain the backup date.
- Validate the wizard. The archive file (or the copy of the project) is created in the specified directory.
To restore a backup or backup file, on the "Project" tab, in the "Other actions" group, expand "Backup/Restore" and select "Restore a project". For more details, see Restoring a project
This page is also available for…