- Differences between the standard query editor (included in WINDEV) and the user version of the query editor
- Standard query editor
- User version of query editor (Reports & Queries - WINDEV only)
The query editor allows you to automatically create queries on the data files. Creating a query is simple and intuitive. The query is automatically generated (in optimized SQL code) and can be tested immediately.
No programming hassle: windows, pages, tables, combo boxes and reports found in your project can be based on queries.
Differences between the standard query editor (included in WINDEV) and the user version of the query editor
Two versions of the query editor are available:
- the standard query editor included in the product.
This version is supplied with WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile. This version can only be used when developing a WINDEV or WINDEV Mobile application, or a WEBDEV site.
- the user version of query editor (also called Reports & Queries). This editor is supplied with WINDEV only.
This version is independent of WINDEV and it can be used by the end users.
Some features of query editor are not available in this version. The icon indicates the differences between Reports & Queries and the standard query editor.
Standard query editor
The standard query editor allows you to create queries and to run these queries from the editor or from an application developed with WINDEV, WINDEV Mobile or WEBDEV.
The dongle of WINDEV, WINDEV Mobile or WEBDEV is required to use the query editor. It must be plugged into the parallel port of your computer when using the editor.
However, no dongle is required by the end user (to run a query from a WINDEV, WINDEV Mobile or WEBDEV application).
Several examples are supplied with the integrated query editor. In these examples, you will discover the main queries that can be used in your applications.
To find out the list of examples for using reports:
- Display the home page (Ctrl + <).
- Type the "Report" keyword.
- The list of examples for using reports is displayed.
Check these examples, they will teach you a lot and you will be able to use them when you create your own queries!
User version of query editor (Reports & Queries - WINDEV only)
Reports & Queries allows you to create and run queries from the editor (WINDEV is not required).
The created queries can be run from the query editor or from a WINDEV application (if this application supports the queries created by Reports & Queries).
No dongle is required to use Reports & Queries.
Some operations are required to create new queries or to modify the existing queries with Reports & Queries. For more details, see Distributing Reports & Queries
Reports & Queries and the standard query editor are supplied with the same online help.
The online help is intended to help you handle the editor. The online help is proposed:
- in the format of a local help. The necessary files are installed on the development computer.
- in the format of an Internet help. This help can be accessed from any computer equipped with an Internet access. This help is updated on a regular basis.
To access the online help, use one of the following methods:
- on the "Home" tab, in the "Online help" group, expand "Help".
- press F1.
To modify the type of online help used:
- On the "Tools" tab, in the "Environment" group, expand "Options" and select "General options of XXX".
- In the "Help" tab, select the access mode to the help database : "Use the help database by Internet" or "Use the local help database" as well as the prefered language.
- Installing the standard query editor: The query editor is automatically installed with WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile.
- Installing Reports & Queries: To install Reports & Queries, follow the instructions given when installing the WINDEV application.
Minimum configuration required for Reports & Queries
Reports & Queries must be installed on a computer with the following characteristics:
- 512 MB of RAM (1 GB or more recommended).
- 800 MB of disk space.
- Windows Vista, 7, 8 or later.
The registration card supplied with your product is very important. It allows you to benefit from the free services proposed by PC Soft to its customers: free Technical Support, information about new releases, product upgrades, and more.
Fill and return your registration card today.
|If you are using Reports & Queries, you can subscribe to "Direct Assistance®" to benefit from custom assistance by phone. Contact our Sales Department for more details regarding the "Assistance Directe®"|
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment