Enables or disables the mechanism for displaying the control tooltips.
// Disables the use of tooltips
PreviousStatus = ShowToolTip(False) // PreviousStatus is set to True
// Enables the use of tooltips
PreviousStatus = ShowToolTip(True) // PreviousStatus is set to False
<Result> = ShowToolTip(<Activation>)
Previous activation status of tooltips:
- True: the tooltips were displayed.
- False: the tooltips were not displayed.
New activation status of tooltips:
- True: the control tooltips (if they exist) will be displayed.
- False: the control tooltips will not be displayed.
- Tooltips are enabled by default in the controls.
- The status indicated by ShowToolTip will be enabled in the entire project until the next call to ShowToolTip.
- If the project contains custom tooltips, the tooltip display mechanism will use the custom tooltips. For more details, see Custom tooltips.