- Background color
- Management of '&'
- Using the drawing functions
In french: dTexte
Draws a text:
- in an Image control,
- in a variable of type Image.
// Initialize the drawing in an Image control
// Draw a text in light yellow
dText(10, 20, "Easy development", LightYellow)
// Calculate the size of a text
nTextWidth is int
dText(X, Y, MyText)
nTextWidth = TextWidth(EDT_Edit1, MyText)
dText(X + nTextWidth, Y, MyNextText)
dText([<Image>, ] <X-coordinate> , <Y-coordinate> , <Text> [, <Text color> [, <Management of &>]])
<Image>: Optional control name or optional Image, WDPic or picLayer variable
X-coordinate of text to draw (in pixels).
Y-coordinate of text to draw (in pixels).
<Text>: Type corresponding to the text to draw
Text to draw. This text can be:
- a string (without formatting marks such as TAB, CR, etc.),
- a numeric.
<Text color>: Integer or constant (optional)
Text color to use. This color can correspond to:
If this parameter is not specified, the color of the text:
- is Black if dPen has not been used beforehand,
- corresponds to the color specified in the last call to dPen.
<Management of &>: Optional boolean
- True (default value) if the "&" character must not be interpreted as an underline operator.
- False if the "&" character must be interpreted as an underline operator: the character following the "&" character will be underlined.
- The font used is "MS Sans Serif" (size 13).
- The writing direction is horizontal (from left to right).
- The coordinates of the upper-left corner of the image are (0,0).
- The "&" character is not interpreted.
To modify these parameters, use dFont
The default font may differ according to the system on which the application is run.
By default, the background color of an Image control is transparent. To change the background color of an Image control, use the BackgroundColor
Coordinates are specified with respect to the upper-left corner of the image or Image control (coordinates: (0,0)).
The coordinates correspond to the upper-left corner of the rectangle into which the text will be drawn. The precise location of the text in this rectangle depends on the size, shape and attributes of the font.
Management of '&'
The parameter <Management of & > makes it possible to manage the use of the '&' character.
- the "&" character must not be interpreted as an underline operator. For example:
dText(10, 10, "Tom&Jerry", LightRed, True)
will display "Tom&Jerry".
- the "&" character must be interpreted as an underline operator: the character following the "&" character will be underlined. For example:
dText(10, 10, "&Edit", LightRed, False)
will display "Edit".
Unit examples (WINDEV): The drawing functions
Business / UI classification: Neutral code
This page is also available for…