- HDeclare on analyses from previous versions
In french: HDeclare
Not available with this kind of connection
Declares a description of data file (found in an analysis) in the current project. This import is temporary and it can be canceled by HCancelDeclaration
// Declare a SupplierWD data file from the SALESMGT analysis
HDeclare("Supplier", "\Examples\SalesMgt\SALESMGT.WDD", "", "SupplierWD")
<Result> = HDeclare(<Data file> , <Full path of the WDD file> [, <WDD password> [, <Alias> [, <Options>]]])
<Result>: : Boolean
- True if the operation was performed,
- False if a problem occurs. HError is used to identify the error.
<Data file>: Character string
Logical name of the data file to import, used in the external analysis.
<Full path of the WDD file>: Character string
Full access path to the analysis file (.WDD file) containing the description of the HFSQL data file to import (up to 260 characters).
This file can correspond to a WDD file created by an earlier version of WINDEV or WEBDEV.
<WDD password>: Optional character string
- Password associated with the analysis.
- Empty string ("") if no password is used.
<Alias>: Optional character string
Logical name of the data file, used to handle the data file. By default, this name corresponds to <Data file>.
This parameter is necessary if the current analysis already contains a data file whose logical name is <Data file>, or if a <Data file> has been described by HDeclareExternal or HDescribeFile.Logical name of the data file, used to handle the data file. By default, this name corresponds <Source>.
This parameter is necessary if the current analysis already contains a data file whose logical name is <Source>, or if a <Source> has been described by HDeclareExternal or HDescribeFile.
<Options>: Optional integer constant
|The <Full path of WDD> analysis is sought on the disk (most common case).|
|hWDL||The <Full path of WDD> analysis is sought according to the following priorities: |
- In the main library (.WDL file)
- In the different libraries according to the load order, then on disk.
- In the main library of the component.
- In the secondary libraries of the component according to the load order.
- There is no need to have an analysis linked to the current application to import a description of data file.
- All the HFSQL functions can be used on the imported data file except for the integrity management.
- You can import as many descriptions as necessary.
- This function allows you to use data files described in the earlier WINDEV and WEBDEV analyses (WINDEV 4.1 to 5.5, WEBDEV 1.0 and 1.5).
HDeclare on analyses from previous versions
The Hyper File engine version 4.1 to 5.5 requires an open analysis to operate (unlike HFSQL Classic), so the analysis of the first data file accessed is opened in the Hyper File 5 engine.
An alias name must be used to access a data file with the following characteristics:
- data file of another analysis.
- data file with the same logical name as one of the data files found in the opened analysis.
Caution: The data files described in the earlier WINDEV and WEBDEV analyses (WINDEV 4.1 to 5.5, WEBDEV 1.0 and 1.5) are handled by the Hyper File engine version 5.5: WD553HF.DLL.
This module exists in 32-bit version only.
Therefore, an application that must view data in format 5.5 (or earlier) must:
- necessarily be compiled in 32-bit mode (and not in 64-bit mode),
- limit its capabilities to the ones available in WINDEV version 5.5. For example, the hWDL constant did not exist in version 5.5: therefore, it cannot be used on a Hyper File 5.5 file.
Remark: This function replaces HAliasExternal, which is kept for compatibility with WINDEV 5.5.
This page is also available for…