Indicates the number of attempts to read the data file or record before giving control back to the program. This information applies to all data files.
Indeed, the data file or the record to lock in read-only may have been locked by a program for a few seconds only. Therefore, it may be interesting to repeat the lock request several times.
H.NbRetryRead can be used in multi-user mode only.
- H.NbRetryRead is equal to 50 by default.
- The value of H.NbRetryRead can be modified as many times as necessary, according to the types of locks.
- The value "0" must not be used: no modification is performed.
- The value "-1" means that there is a very important number of repeated lock attempts. If this option is selected, you must necessarily prevent from the risks of deadlock.
- For any negative value (other than -1), no modification is performed.
- The value that must be assigned to H.NbRetryRead depends on the network speed. The faster the network is, the less the value of H.NbRetry will be.