- Handling elements in the XML code
- Using XMLLast during a search
- XML functions and threads
In french: XMLPremier
Positions on the first element (tag or attribute) in the current tree level.
In most cases, XMLFirst
is used to position in the XML document in order to perform a read loop with XMLNext
The XML comments (enclosed in "<!-" and "-->" tags) are ignored.
// Positions on the first element
WHILE XMLOut("XMLDoc") = False
// Process the data
<Result> = XMLFirst(<XML document>)
- True if an element was found,
- False otherwise. If an error occurs:
- the current position remains unchanged.
- the ErrorOccurred variable is set to True. To get more details on the error, use ErrorInfo.
<XML document>: Character string
Name of the XML document used. This document contains the XML code to study and it was created by XMLDocument.
Handling elements in the XML code
Using XMLLast during a search
If a search is in progress (XMLFind
cancels this search.
XML functions and threads
If your application uses threads, the XML document is shared between all these threads. For more details on threads, see Managing threads
If the current position in an XML document is modified in a thread, the current position in this XML document is modified for all the threads.
This page is also available for…