The project contributors can manage their tasks directly from the schedule or from the task list.
The schedule presents the different tasks assigned to one or more contributors in a diagram, for all projects. The diagram can be built from an hourly, weekly or daily schedule.
The schedule is displayed by the Project Monitoring Center in a "Schedule" tab. This schedule takes into account the standard tasks displayed in the "Tasks" tabs.
The "Tasks" tab gives a global vision of the tasks assigned to a contributor for a project.
The "Schedule" tab gives a global vision of the tasks assigned to a contributor as well as the simultaneous tasks assigned to several contributors.
Remark: The fixed tasks and the recurring tasks are not available anymore since version 20.
Displaying and printing the schedule
The schedule is displayed via a "Schedule" tab. The schedule of current contributor is displayed by default.
The schedule of each contributor can be displayed over hours, days or weeks, via the popup menu of the schedule.
To view the schedule of several contributors, you must:
- select the different contributors via the "..." button found on the right of the "Contributors" control.
- write the name of the requested contributors in the "Contributors" control. These names must be separated by a semicolon.
The schedule can be printed:
- via "Print" from the popup menu.
- via the "Print" button found in the ribbon of the "Schedule" tab.
To see the details of a task displayed in the schedule, double-click this task. The task switches to edit mode and it can be modified.
Durations taken into account by the schedule
The future schedule (for the forthcoming days) takes into account the working hours and the working days entered by each contributor.
The schedule performed (for the previous days) takes into account:
- If time management is enabled, the actual time spent on each task (including the "overtime").
- If time management is not enabled, the working hours and the working days configured in the Project Monitoring Center.
The "Tasks" tab allow each contributor to see the tasks assigned to him. In this tab, the contributor can re-organize them by using the arrows found on the right of the task list. The schedule (displayed in the "Schedule" tabs) automatically takes this re-organization into account.
Managing the current tasks
The contributor can easily indicate his current task: in a "Tasks" tab, all you have to do is select the task and select "Start this task". The name of the current task is displayed:
- in a tooltip found in the taskbar (above the icon of the Project Monitoring Center).
- in the window for managing tasks if the help for time management is enabled.
The Project Monitoring Center can be minimized ("Minimize" button or Esc key on the keyboard).
To indicate that the task is ended, you must:
- display the Project Monitoring Center,
- display a "Tasks" tab.
- select "Perform the task" from the popup menu of the task. The time spent on the task is updated.
If the help for time management is enabled, the calculation of the time spent on a task takes into account:
- the information specified in the task wheel and in the window for managing the current task. The working hours and the working days specified in the options of Project Monitoring Center are ignored.
- the automatic lock of the current task when closing the Windows session.
- the automatic lock of current task when closing the Project Monitoring Center of WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile.
If the help for time management is not enabled, the calculation of the time spent on a task only takes into account the working hours and the working days specified in the schedule configuration. The "overtime" is not taken into account.
The Project Monitoring Center allows you to quickly view the schedule overrun in the "Tasks" tabs and in the "Schedule" tabs. The relevant tasks are highlighted in a specific color or with specific hash marks.
To view schedule overruns:
- Display the "Task" pane or the "Schedule" pane.
- In the pane ribbon, click "Schedule overruns".
- In the window that is displayed, specify the color that will be used to:
- See the tasks for which the time spent is close to the estimated time.
- See the tasks whose deadline is close or exceeded.