- How to?
- Creating a sprint
- Editing a sprint
- Completing a sprint
- Sprint schedule
- Sprint dashboard
Project Monitoring Center: Sprint management
A sprint or iteration is a development cycle. In Agile development (Scrum), a project is divided into a set of sprints.
Each sprint includes requirements, tasks or incidents to be completed within a given time frame.
The sprint is finished once all of its items are completed.
Creating a sprint
You can create a sprint from the sprint manager.
To create a sprint:
- Open or create a "Sprint" tab.
- In the ribbon, in the "Sprints" group, click "New sprint".
- Specify the characteristics of the new sprint:
- Sprint name,
- Duration with a start date.
- Validate. The sprint is created and appears on the left of the window.
To associate items to the sprint:
- In the ribbon, in the "Backlog" group, click the type of item you want to add: Requirements, Tasks or Incidents.
- A list with the selected type of item appears in the lower section of the window.
- Use the filters to select the desired item.
- Select the "Sprint items" tab.
- Drag/drop the desired items into the "Sprint items" panes. The selected item disappears from the lower section of the window (backlog) and appears in the "Sprint items" pane.
Remark: You can also use the following buttons to link the different items to the current sprint:
- to link a new or existing requirement.
- to link a new or existing task.
- to link a new or existing incident.
You can view the different items of the selected sprint in the "Dashboard" tab: end date, progress, etc. You can customize the different widgets, just like in the main dashboard.
Editing a sprint
- the sprint description:
- Select the desired sprint in the "Sprints" tab.
- In the ribbon, in the "Sprints" group, select "Edit".
- Make the desired changes.
- the items associated with the sprint:
- Select the desired item in the "Project items" pane. You can edit and delete the selected item.
- If necessary, add new items via the add buttons.
Completing a sprint
Sprints must be completed manually. This task cannot be automated.
To complete a sprint:
- Select the sprint to complete.
- In the ribbon, in the "Sprints" group, select "Finish".
- If some items of the sprint are not finished, a window opens and allows you to decide what to do with these items. For example, you move an unfinished task to a new sprint.
- Validate the window.
- The sprint is completed.
Remark: Once a sprint is completed, you can open the sprint completion window by selecting "Edit".
To view the sprint schedule:
- In the ribbon, in the "Schedule" group, select "Sprint schedule".
- The sprint schedule appears in the lower section of the screen, represented as a Gantt chart.
In the "Sprints" tab, the Dashboard displays the different aspects of the sprint as widgets. The different Widgets available are:
- End date of the sprint.
- Sprint progress.
- Open incidents.
- Distribution of open incidents.
- Pending incidents.
- Time spent and tasks for each contributor in the current sprint.
- Sprint items.
- Sprint requirements.
Remark: The "Requirements" and "Estimated and actual time spent per task" widgets display different data according to the selected view mode ("Overall", "Development", "Test" or "Documentation" view in the ribbon of the "Sprints" tab).
This page is also available for…