Multi-product external components
External components are a remarkably useful tool for development teams. The ability to reuse secure code is a major advantage.
The possible differences between the different targets can be automatically taken into account: Windows, Internet-Intranet, mobile applications, etc.
These external components can contain windows or pages and can be used in WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile projects.
Any differences in the code or UI are automatically taken into account.
At runtime, the external component will adapt to the target platform.
You have the ability to develop projects common to the different products: WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile. These projects can contain WINDEV windows, WINDEV Mobile windows and/or WEBDEV pages.
Creating a multi-product external component from a common project is very easy:
- Create the different elements of your component (window, pages, ...).
Reminder: The COMPILE IF or IF ExecutionTarget statements make processes usable regardless of the environment, platform or type of generation. You can also use InComponentMode, InJavaMode, InPHPMode, InWebMode, etc.
- Create the "Component" project configuration: on the "Project" tab, in the "Project configuration" group, expand "New configuration" and select "External component (WDK)".
- In the configuration creation wizard:
- In the "Compatibility of the configuration" step, specify:
- The type of configuration in which the component can be used. You can select multiple configurations. For example, the component can be used in WINDEV and iOS applications.
- The platforms for which the compilation errors must be enabled.
- In the next step, select the elements that will be integrated into the project configuration. You can include all elements required by your component (windows, pages, procedures, ...).
- In the next step, select the internal components to be integrated (if necessary).
- Validate. The new project configuration is created. You can generate the external component. For more details, see Creating and generating an external component.
- If you are using independent versions of WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile, some platform combinations are not available.
- You can also create a common "Component" project. The project creation wizard allows you to choose the platforms in which the component can be used.
- Caution: If you use a WINDEV-WEBDEV-WINDEV Mobile integrated version to create a component that can be used in Android and/or iOS, you must create an "Android" and an "iOS" configuration in the "Component" project. These configurations will allow you to create mobile windows. These windows (associated with the "Android" or "iOS" configurations) must also be associated with the "Component" project configuration.
- Generating a cross-platform component creates a single set of files (WDK, WDI, WDZ) that can be imported into the WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile projects corresponding to the target platforms.
This page is also available for…