- How to?
- Enabling UI compilation errors
- Correcting a UI error
- Disabling a UI compilation error
- Some examples of detected UI errors
UI compilation errors indicate the possible problems detected in your interfaces whenever a window, a page or a report is saved or whenever the project is recompiled.
UI compilation errors are also available on reports.
By default, UI compilation errors are enabled for each new project.
Enabling UI compilation errors
UI compilation errors can be enabled:
- from the project description.
- from the pane of compilation errors.
To enable UI compilation errors from the project description:
- Open the project description window (go to the "Project" tab, "Project" group and click "Description").
- In the "Compilation" tab:
- In "UI errors", check "Enable UI compilation".
- The "Edit the languages" button is used to choose the project languages that will be taken into account by the UI compilation.
To enable UI compilation errors from the compilation errors pane:
- Display the pane of compilation errors: on the "Home" tab, in the "Environment" group, expand "Panes", select "Panes", and then select "Compilation errors".
- Click .
UI errors are checked:
- whenever saving a window, a page or a report.
- whenever recompiling the project.
Correcting a UI error
UI errors are listed in the compilation errors pane.
To fix UI errors:
- Double-click the error displayed in the pane. The element containing the control where the problem occurs is opened in the editor. The description of the corresponding control is displayed.
- Fix the problem.
Disabling a UI compilation error
To disable a UI compilation error:
- In the pane of compilation errors, select the error to disable.
- Display the popup menu of the error:
- "Disable this error" is used to disable the selected error.
- the option "Disable this error and all the identical ones" is used to disable the error and all the errors of the same type in the current project.
To see the list of disabled UI compilation errors:
- Right-click in the compilation errors pane to open the context menu.
- Select "List of disabled errors".
To re-enable (if necessary) one or more errors in this list, all you have to do is uncheck the errors that must be re-enabled and validate the window.
Some examples of detected UI errors
This page is also available for…