- How to?
- Configuring the timer via the AAF
- Customizing the setting window of the timer button
- Disabling the ability to implement a timer button
- Timer button on the system windows
A window can remain opened indefinitely, waiting for the user to click. In some cases, if the user does not end the current action (modify information about a customer, etc.), the corresponding information may be locked for the other users.
An 'Automatic validation' button is used to automatically validate (or cancel) an action after a given period of time (between 1 second and 15 minutes).
This feature is also very useful for the confirmation windows.
: A timer on button can also be automatically included in the application. For more details, see Automatic validation
Configuring the timer via the AAF
To configure the timer on one of the application buttons:
- Right-click the button the open the context menu and select "Automatic validation...".
- Select the time for the automatic validation:
- The Timer button will be automatically triggered whenever the window is used.
Remark: You can remove the timer set on a button at any time by selecting "Cancel automatic validation" in the context menu of the button.
Customizing the setting window of the timer button
WINDEV allows you to include the configuration window of the time button used by the AAF in your application. You will have the ability to customize:
- the appearance of this window (modification of skin template for example).
- the languages supported by this window. This feature is very useful when translating this window into the different languages available in the application.
To include the window for configuring the timer in your application:
- On the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, expand "Import" and select "WINDEV elements and their dependencies".
- Select the subdirectory that contains the elements to import. The configuration window of the timer button is in the "Programs\Data\Preset windows\AAF" subdirectory of the WINDEV setup directory.
- WINDEV lists the elements of the directory. This directory contains the different elements corresponding to the customizable AAFs. The window to import is named "WINDEVAaf_TimerWindow.wdw".
- Validate. The window is included in the project and it can be modified. This custom window will be automatically taken into account when running the application.
- The window must not be renamed.
- If this window is included in your application, you may not benefit from the improvements made to this window during the different updates. Don't forget to check whether this window has evolved.
- Caution: To modify this window, the corresponding file must not be read-only. Modify the characteristics of the file in Windows if necessary.
Disabling the ability to implement a timer button
To prevent the user from implementing a timer button, use AAFDisable
associated with the aafAutomaticValidation
Timer button on the system windows
To propose a configurable Timer button on the system windows, it is recommended to check "Customize system windows (Info, YesNo, Confirm, Dialog)" in the "Style" tab of the project description.
Remark: If the text of the system window differs from the text displayed when defining the timer button, the timer will not be proposed.