- How to?
- Advanced management
- Modifying the window for line selection
Positioning on a line in an edit control (AAF)
Several methods can be used to automatically position the edit cursor on a specific line in an edit control:
- Select "Go to line..." in the context menu of the control.
- Press Ctrl + G.
- Run AAFExecute:
The following window appears:
AAFExecute(<Edit control>, aafGotoLine)
The user can type the number of the requested line and validate.
Modifying the window for line selection
By default, the window for line selection is available in English and in French.
To modify this window or translate it, simply include it in the project:
- On the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, expand "Import" and select "WINDEV elements and their dependencies".
- Select the "Programs\Data\Preset windows\AAF" directory.
- Select the "WinDevAaf_ReachLineWindow.wdw" window.
- Validate the import. The window is included in your project and it can be translated or modified.
- The window must not be renamed.
- If this window is included in your application, you may not benefit from the improvements made to this window during the different updates. Don't forget to check whether this window has evolved.
- Caution: To modify this window, the corresponding file must not be read-only. Modify the characteristics of the file in Windows if necessary.