- The different types of Edit controls
- Text Edit control
- Multiline Text Edit control
- RTF Text Edit control
- HTML Text Edit control
- Password Edit control
- Numeric, Currency or Currency + Euro Edit control
- Date Edit control
- Time Edit control
- Duration Edit control
- Upload Edit control
- Text token Edit control
The different types of Edit controls
RTF Text Edit control
For applications running on Windows Vista (or later) or in Tablet PC, you can include the "Handwritten input (PC tablet)" option. This option allows the user to directly write in the control using the mouse or a stylus. This feature is available by default in mobile applications.
HTML Text Edit control
This type of control is used to format rich text.
- A toolbar automatically appears above the control to allow setting the attributes (link, bold, italic, etc.).
- To enter an image in this type of control, you must specify the address of the image.
- The user cannot open the links in the control directly. The links will work if the HTML content is displayed in an HTML control.
Password Edit control
In this type of control, all characters entered are replaced with asterisks on the screen.
Numeric, Currency or Currency + Euro Edit control
These different types of controls allow you to handle numerical values:
- The Numeric Edit control is used to show or enter numeric values (weight, etc.). The "+++" characters are displayed if the control is not large enough to display the entire number.
- The Currency Edit control is used to show or enter currency values.
- The Currency + Euro Edit control is used to handle prices, for example.
This type of Edit control is not available.
The Numeric, Currency and Currency + Euro edit controls can display a calculator
button allowing the user to perform a calculation ("Display calculator button" option). Several AAFs (Automatic Application Features) are available for this type of control (e.g., change the value with the mouse wheel). For more details, see AAFs for numeric controls
Date Edit control
This type of Edit control is used to show or enter dates.
The user can use the "+" and "-" keys on the numeric keypad to change the date.
If the control is not in a popup, you can display a calendar button to allow the user to enter the date ("Display a calendar button" option). In this case, you can define the characteristics of the calendar.
AAF (Automatic Application Feature)
: If the Calendar button is not displayed, the user will still be able to enter a date in a calendar ("Calendar" in the context menu of the control). To delete this AAF, use AAFDisable
with the constant aafCalendar
. For more details, see AAFs for Date controls
Time Edit control
This type of control is used to show or enter times.
To enable the time picker, use the "Time picker" input mask.
Duration Edit control
This type of control is used to show or enter durations.
To enable the duration picker, use the "Duration picker" input mask.
Upload Edit control
Text token Edit control
This type of control is used to manage tokens in Edit controls.
This page is also available for…