- The different types of edit controls
- Text edit control
- Multiline Text edit control
- RTF Text edit control
- HTML Text edit control
- Password edit control
- Numeric, Currency or Currency + Euro edit control
- Date edit control
- Time edit control
- Duration edit control
- Upload edit control
- Text token edit control
The different types of edit controls
RTF Text edit control
For applications running on Windows Vista (or later) or in Tablet PC, you can include the "Handwritten input (PC tablet)" option. This option allows the user to directly type the text in the control with the stylus or with the mouse. This feature is available by default in the applications that operate on Mobile.
HTML Text edit control
This type of control is used to format texts with enrichment.
- A toolbar is automatically displayed above the control to allow the input of the attributes (link, bold, italic, ...).
- To enter an image in this type of control, you must specify the address of the image.
- The links found in the control cannot be directly checked by the user. The links will be effective if the content of the HTML text control is displayed in an HTML control.
Password edit control
With this type of control, when typing information in the control, all characters will be replaced with stars on the screen.
Numeric, Currency or Currency + Euro edit control
These different types of controls allow you to handle numerical values:
- The Numeric edit control is used to display or enter a numeric value (weight, ...). The "+++" characters are displayed if the control is not large enough to display the entire number.
- The Currency edit control is used to display or enter currency values.
- The Currency + Euro edit control is used to manage prices for example.
This type of edit control is not available.
The Numeric, Currency and Currency + Euro edit controls can display a calculator
button allowing the user to perform a calculation ("Display calculator button" option). Several AAFs (Automatic Application Features) are available for this type of control (modifying the value via the mouse wheel for example). For more details, see AAF for the numeric controls
Date edit control
This type of edit control is used to display or type dates.
The user will be able to press the "+" and "-" keys on the numeric keyboard to modify the date.
If the control is not found in a popup, you have the ability to display a calendar button allowing the user to type the date ("Display a calendar button" option). In this case, you have the ability to define the calendar characteristics.
AAF (Automatic Application Feature)
: If the Calendar button is not displayed, the user will still be able to enter a date in a calendar ("Calendar" in the context menu of the control). To delete this AAF, use AAFDisable
with the constant aafCalendar
. For more details, see AAF for the Date controls
Time edit control
This type of control is used to type or display times.
To allow a time to be selected via the time picker, you must use the "TimePicker" input mask.
Duration edit control
This type of control is used to type or display durations.
To allow a duration to be selected via the duration picker, you must use the "DurationPicker" input mask.
Upload edit control
Text token edit control
This type of control is used to manage tokens in edit controls.
This page is also available for…
Emojis will crash mobile iOs App
Everytime, when using emojis at iOs app, will crash at leaving the edt control, ANOTHER error