- a break that was previously collapsed in a Table control. The break elements are visible in the control.
Reminder: At runtime, a node is expanded when the node name is preceded by "-".
Table control with breaks: Expanding a break Hide the details
TableExpand(<Table control> [, <Row number> [, <Name of break>]])
<Table control>: Control name
Name of the Table control to be used. This control must have one or more breaks. Otherwise, this function has no effect.
<Row number>: Optional integer
Number of the row whose break will be expanded. This number must correspond either to the number of the current row, or to the number of the first row of the break to expand. If this parameter is not specified, the break of current row is collapsed.
<Name of break>: Optional character string
Name of the break to be expanded. This parameter must be specified in case of nested breaks. It is used to define the break that will be expanded. By default, no break is expanded if the breaks are nested.
TableExpand can be used on:
- a Table control populated programmatically.
- a Table control with in-memory data source.
This function cannot be used on the Table controls based on a data file (direct access).
Branch to expand
TableExpand has no effect:
Remarks for the TreeView Table controls
|TreeView Table control||Table control with breaks|
- if the branch to collapse is not found.
- if the branch to collapse is a leaf.
- if the branch to collapse is already collapsed.
- if the Table control contains no break.
- if the Table control contains several breaks and if the break to expand is not specified.
- if no row is selected in the Table control and if <Row number> is not specified.
- If <Row number> or <Branch name> corresponds to the branch in the first row, the entire hierarchy of the TreeView Table control is expanded (equivalent to TableExpandAll).
- When TableExpand is called, if the specified branch has a procedure associated via the AddChildDelayed property, this procedure will be executed.
TableExpand does not change the position of the selection bar.
Runtime speed for the TreeView Table controls
The runtime speed of syntax 1 is faster than the runtime speed of syntax 2.
Business / UI classification: UI Code