In french: DroiteAGauche
property is used to get the actual writing direction on a control, column, window or report.
The writing direction can be modified by the TextDirection
property. If the writing direction in the control is the same direction defined in the project options, the TextDirection
property returns the tdDefault
constant. In this case, the RightToLeft
property is used to get the actual writing direction
This property applies to:
- A window or the controls of a window (except for: Subscripted control, Web Camera control, Splitter, Calendar and Organizer).
- A report or the following report controls:
- Static control,
- Calculated control,
- RTF text control,
- Preset control,
- Link and Edit control,
- Chart control.
// The writing direction used in the column is the default direction
TABLE_Table1.COL_Column2.TextDirection = tdDefault
// Find the default writing direction
IF TABLE_Table1.COL_Column2.RightToLeft = True THEN
EDT_Edit1.TextDirection = tdRightToLeft
Finding out the writing direction actually used Hide the details
<Result> = <Element name>.RightToLeft
- True if the actual writing direction goes from right to left,
- False if the actual writing direction goes from left to right.
<Element name>: Name of the window, report or control
Name of the element whose writing direction is requested:
- Name of the window,
- Name of the window controls,
- Name of the report,
- Name of the report controls.
This page is also available for…