- The options of user groupware
- Implementing the user groupware in your application
- Options of the "General" tab
- Type of groupware
- Start mode
- Options in the "Options" tab
- Groupware customization
- Automatic login in test mode
- Password of data files
- "Files" tab
- Type of database
- Type of authentication
User groupware: Options and settings
An application is often intended to be used by several users connected via a network. Similarly, a site is always intended to be used by several Web users. In most cases, different access levels must be defined according to the user or to the Web user.
To manage these access levels in your WINDEV applications or in you WEBDEV sites, all you have to do is include the user groupware in your application or in your site. In just a few clicks, a standard application can be transformed into an application that manages several access levels. This feature can be easily implemented.
The options of user groupware
Implementing the user groupware in your application
To implement the user groupware in your application or in your site:
- On the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, click "User groupware".
- Enable the user groupware.
- In the "Options" tab, select the user groupware customization mode:
- No customization (recommended): WINDEV and WEBDEV take care of everything. All you have to do is start the application or the site to configure the user access.
- Customize the login UI: Only login windows or pages can be customized. These elements are integrated into your project via an internal component.
- Custom user groupware: All elements of user groupware are included in your project via an internal component. You can customize the different elements of the user groupware. However, the evolutions of the product will not be integrated.
- An administrator account will be created during the first execution of application or site under the "supervisor" name. Then, the corresponding password can be specified.
Options of the "General" tab
Type of groupware
There are various types of groupware:
- "Standard User Groupware": This option allows you to integrate the user groupware into your application. This user groupware will be associated only to your application, and the rights will be defined from the application.
- "BAAS User Groupware": This option allows you to integrate a BaaS (Backend as a Service) user groupware into your application, and to manage rights via a server.
- "User Groupware 17 and earlier for compatibility": This option allows you to use the old version of user groupware. For more details, see User groupware in compatible mode.
Several start modes are available:
- The "Automatic start" option indicates that the user groupware is started at the same time as the application.
The login window or page of the user groupware is displayed before any other window/page of the application. The initialization code of project is run when the login window/page is opened and validated.
- The "Manual start (through programming)" option allows you to define when the user groupware should be started.
The login window or page will only be opened if gpwOpen (or gpwLogin) is used. This option is used to run the initialization code of project before opening the login window/page. This option is useful for a multilingual application for example: A window or a page can be displayed to request the runtime language of application.
- The "Manual start via a control template" option is used to integrate the user groupware connection page in the site. This allows you to work with the automatic user groupware (and to benefit from its updates) while being able to customize the connection page.
If this option is selected, the internal component named WDGPU_WB_CNX is included in your project. This component contains a control template ("TPLC_GPU_Connection") that is used to manage the connection. Simply include this control template in the desired pages (or templates) via Drag and Drop.
After integration, you have the ability to customize this control template:
- by overloading the controls and/or the processes for small modifications,
- by modifying the control template for more important modifications.
Options in the "Options" tab
There are several modes to customize the user groupware in your application or site:
- No customization:
WINDEV and WEBDEV take care of everything. All you have to do is start the application or the site to configure the user access.
Remark: This option is compatible with the integrated user groupware (option "Manual start via control template").
- Customize the login UI:
The login/register window or page is automatically integrated into your application.
- The internal component named WDGPU_WB is included in your project. This component contains all the pages, page templates, control templates and procedures necessary for user authentication. This allows you to fully customize all the login pages used by the user groupware.
- Full customization (expert mode):
The entire programming of the user groupware is automatically included in your application.
- The internal component named WDGPU_WB is included in your project. This component contains an analysis as well as all the pages, queries, classes and procedures required to manage the user groupware. This allows you to customize all the pages used by the user groupware.
Automatic login in test mode
Specify the login and password that will be used in automated test
mode. This information will be used if an automated test is run on the application.
Password of data files
By default, the data files found in the user groupware have a specific password. This password is: "PCSGPW2001".
To change this password, enter the new password. The characters typed are hidden.
- The change of password is taken into account only if it is performed before creating the data files of user groupware.
- This password is used when the files are re-indexed or when the files are opened by WDMAP.
Type of database
The user groupware handles data files used to identify the users and to define their rights.
These files can be:
- in HFSQL Classic format (by default). The data file directory must be specified.
- in HFSQL Client/Server format. The characteristics of the connection to the HFSQL server must be specified as well as the directory of the different categories of files.
Important: The location information will be applied in "Automatic start" mode only. If you chose the "Manual start (through programming)" mode for the groupware, call gpwOpen
Type of authentication
There are three types of authentication:
- Authentication entirely managed by the user groupware.
- Authentication from an LDAP directory or Active Directory
This option is used not to duplicate the logins and passwords by being based on the users found in the LDAP directory.
For an authentication from an LDAP directory or an Active Directory, you must configure the characteristics of the LDAP server used for tests (and at runtime). The requested information is:
- Address of server
- Port number of server.
- Version of contacted LDAP server.
In the code, simply use gpwOpenLDAPSession
- The user groupware operates with Active Directory. It does not operate with openLDAP.
- When the server port corresponds to port 636, the connection is automatically made in "Negociate" mode.
There are several options depending on the type of authentication chosen:
- Login window only (no management of rights): This option is only available for LDAP and Windows authentication.
In this case, no groupware file will be created. If the application is started in automatic mode, the user will need to log in. If the user is saved in the LDAP directory or in Windows, the application will start ; otherwise, it will be closed. A supervisor cannot configure the rights on the windows or pages. If this option is not checked, the identification is performed with management of rights: only the users found in the LDAP directory will be able to connect. The rights can be configured on the windows or pages.
This page is also available for…
Para migrar para a base de dados nativa precisa da senha dos arquivos do groupware
To migrate to the native database you need the groupware files password. By default, the data files found in the user groupware have a specific password.
This password is: "PCSGPW2001".
Para migrar para a base de dados nativa precisa da senha dos arquivos do groupware. Por padrão, os arquivos de dados encontrados no groupware de usuários possuem uma senha específica.
Esta senha é: "PCSGPW2001".
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO CHANGE THE PADREO PASSWORD
ALTAMENTE RECOMENDADO ALTERAR A SENHA PADRAO