- How to?
- The integrated elements
- Example of customization
- Retrieving the evolutions made to the User Groupware
Customizing the WINDEV User Groupware
The User Groupware in automatic mode offers many possibilities. If you want to set the management of users and rights more precisely, WINDEV allows you to customize everything (analysis, windows, code and more)!
To implement the User Groupware in custom mode, you must:
- Open the window for configuring the User Groupware: on the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, click "User Groupware".
- In the " Integration" tab, select "Custom User Groupware".
Caution: As soon as the User Groupware is customized in a project, the project will no longer benefit from the evolutions made to the User Groupware. Therefore, it is recommended to switch to "custom" mode with great care and only if you want to make important modifications. Otherwise, it is recommended to use the User Groupware in automatic mode. To retrieve the evolutions made to the groupware, see "Evolutions".
The integrated elements
When a project uses the custom User Groupware, an internal component called "WDGPU" is automatically included in the project.
This internal component contains all the elements used by the groupware:
- the identification window ("WIN_GPU_Login"),
- the configuration window ("WIN_GPU_Main"),
- the groupware analysis,
- a set of procedures proposing several useful functions,
- a class for context management.
All these elements can be modified: you have the ability to add an item into the "GPU_User" file or to implement checks on some controls for example.
Example of customization
The User Groupware can be customized in order to store the email of each user.
In this case:
- an "Email" item is added to the "GPU_User" file,
- an "Email" Edit control is added to the new user form (plane 2 of the "WIN_GPU_Main" window).
- an "Email" button is added to the user management plane (plane 1 of the "WIN_GPU_Main" window). This allows you to send an email to one or more users of the groupware (password reminder, etc.).
Retrieving the evolutions made to the User Groupware
If you customize the User Groupware, a solution allows you to retrieve the different evolutions made to the User Groupware: perform a comparison between your project that includes your modifications and the same project that includes an internal component without modification.
To do so:
- Create a copy of your project.
- In the "copy" project, delete the internal component named "WDGPU".
- Then, ask to check this component back in via the window for configuring the groupware (open and re-validate the window to force the integration of the internal component).
- Compare the projects: on the "Project" tab, in the "Other actions" group, expand "Compare" and select "Compare two projects...". Ask to compare the current project and the "copy" project.
- The "Management/Resolution of differences" window allows you to see all the differences between the elements from your modified internal component and the ones from the "standard" internal component.
You can then easily retrieve the evolutions of the "standard" internal component you are interested in.