- the memory value of the items of a data file with the value of the controls found in the page. The items of the base data file linked to the window controls are automatically assigned with the values of the corresponding controls (even if these controls are grayed, inactive or invisible).
- the value of the WLanguage variables with the value of the window controls. The WLanguage variables linked to the page controls are automatically assigned with the values of the corresponding controls (event if these controls are grayed, inactive or invisible).
Only the link with the items of a data file are managed. The link with the WLanguage variables is not supported in this version.
cannot be used to write into the data file: only variables of the data file items are assigned (i.e variables of the record loaded in memory). To modify the records, you must use <Source>.Add
Remark: From version 19, HFSQL is the new name of HyperFileSQL.
// Click the "Add" button
IF HErrorDuplicates() = True THEN Error("This number already exists")
<Page>: Page name
Name of the page where the controls are found.
<Source>: Optional character string (with or without quotes)
Name of the source containing the data to update. This source can be:
If this name is not specified, all the window/page controls that have a link with a data file described in the data model editor or with a WLanguage variable will be taken into account.
- The name of a data file: only the controls that have a link with this data file are taken into account.
- The name of a WLanguage variable: only the controls that have a link with this WLanguage variable are taken into account.
- If the name of the variable is enclosed in quotes, the link will be performed with the specified variable.
- If the name of the variable is not enclosed in quotes, the link will be performed with the content of the variable (variable containing the name of another variable for example).
Link between a control and a WLanguage variable or between a control and an item of a data file
The link between a control and a WLanguage variable or between a control and an item of a data file can be known:
- In the editor, in the description window of the control ("Link" tab)
- By programming, with ..Filelink.
Updating the items: Special cases
- To automatically assign the NULL value to an item with <Page>.ToFile:
- Check "NULL supported" for the item in the data model editor.
- Select the "NULL if empty" option in the edit control associated with the item.
- The items of the data file that are not linked to a control are not updated by <Page>.ToFile.
- If several page controls are linked to the same item of a data file, the linked item may not be updated properly by <Page>.ToFile. We do not advise you to link several page controls to the same item of a data file.
- <Page>.ToFile does not assign the items for the image controls. Use <Source>.LinkMemo.
- <Page>.ToFile does not operate with the views.
Component : wd250page.dll