- How to include Google Analytics in your WEBDEV sites?
- Registration on Google Analytics
- Specify the tracking identifier in the WEBDEV project
- The available additional "trackers"
- Custom event
- Interaction with social network
- Custom timing
- Programming errors
- Page view
WEBDEV and Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a very popular tool for measuring site traffic.
Google Analytics is used to measure the number of views for each site page, the load time of each page, the navigation path, the load time of page resources (images), the rebound rate, the environment of Web user (device, geographical location, language, browser, ...), the source of navigation (home page, ad, ...), etc.
The version 22 of WEBDEV automatically includes in your sites the trackers required to collect statistics in Google Analytics: you will know everything about the activities of Web users on your sites!
If necessary, you have the ability to include additional trackers in your sites, to manage special cases:
- dowloading a file,
- using planes, ...
This documentation page presents:
Remark: The pages taken into account by Google Analytics are the referenceables pages, which means the static pages, the AWP pages and the PHP pages.
How to include Google Analytics in your WEBDEV sites?
To link Google Analytics and your site, you must:
- define an account in Google Analytics. This account must be linked to your site.
- retrieve the Google Analytics tracking identifier associated with your account.
- specify the tracking identifier in the WEBDEV project.
- deploy the WEBDEV project.
Registration on Google Analytics
To link Google Analytics and your site, an account must be define in Google Analytics. This account must be linked to your site.
To define an account linked to a site on Google Analytics:
- Go to the site: https://www.google.fr/intl/fr/analytics/. Connect yourself (with your Google account for example).
- Register if not already done: click the "Registration" button.
- Specify the characteristics of Google Analytics account:
- Tracking a Web site.
- Name of account
- Name of Web site to track. This parameter is mandatory and it is used to identify the site in the Google Analytics dashboard.
- URL of Web site. This parameter is mandatory. It is used to associate the Web site with Google Analytics.
- Other various information.
- Then, click the "Get a tracking ID" button.
- The account is created and you get a tracking ID.
Specify the tracking identifier in the WEBDEV project
To specify the tracking identifier in the WEBDEV project:
- Open the project description window: on the "Project" pane, in the "Project" group, click "Description".
- In the "General" tab, copy the tracking identifier corresponding to your site:
You can deploy your site. The static, AWP and PHP pages will be automatically taken into account by Google Analytics.
The available additional "trackers"
In addition to the general navigation statistics automatically managed by WEBDEV, you have the ability to measure specific behaviors:
- Custom event: click the order button, pass in a control, ...
- Interaction with social network.
- Custom timing: measure the time spent on a process.
- Exception in programming: programming error.
- Page view.
Tracking a custom event is used to measure the frequency of a specific action performed by the Web user: such as clicking a button, downloading a file, clicking an ad banner, playing a video...
Interaction with social network
This tracker is used to measure the number of clicks performed on a "social button" included in the page: Like, Tweet, ...
This tracker allows you to get statistics on the time spent during processes or specific user actions: measure the time for displaying a list of products, measure the time for filling a form, ...
This tracker is used to measure the number of unexpected errors in the Browser code of the site.
All you have to do is use the WLanguage "When Exception" command then call GglAnalyticsAddException
when the exception is canceled.
This type of custom tracker is used to enhance the views on the complex pages: planes, ...
Click [Add] to post a comment