- Pivot Table control overview
- CAUTION: The calculation time depends on the size of the database and on the number of row and column headers.
- Example of pivot table (based on HFSQL data files)
Pivot Table control overview
The Pivot Table control dynamically displays data coming from the crosscheck of different files found in a database.
This enables you to display the volume of sales according to families of products, products, regions, over time, with or without details.
The Pivot Table operates:
- on the HFSQL databases,
- on other databases via arrays of structures.
CAUTION: The calculation time depends on the size of the database and on the number of row and column headers.
Each case is different: however, if the process time seems to be too long:
- Check that your servers are in 64-bit mode (avoid the former technologies in 32-bit mode that limit the memory to 4GB).
- Please contact the free Technical Support and include:
- a description of the operations performed,
- the pivot table,
- the analysis,
- the database,
- the expected response time and the observed response time,
- the technical characteristics of the server (version of SE, capacity of disks, technology of disks, RAM),
- check whether no other consuming process is run on the server (or indicate these processes),
A performance test will be run by the Free Technical Support. If the performances do not seem good enough, an optimization of the pivot table may be performed (in a forthcoming version).
Example of pivot table (based on HFSQL data files)
Let's see an example of pivot table based on HFSQL data files. The main concepts of the pivot table will be presented from this example.
This table represents the sales of products (organized by categories) per year (years, trimesters and months).
The values coming from the source file are displayed in the middle (1). These values are automatically calculated according to the groups defined.
The row headers and the column headers (2) correspond to the items used to group the data:
- In row, in our example, the total of sales is displayed by product and by category. From the source file named "OrdLine", a grouping is performed on the "ProdCap" item of "Product" file, then a grouping is performed on the "CategoryCap" item of "Category" file.
- In column, in our example, the total of sales is displayed by date (month, trimester, category). From the source file named "OrdLine", a grouping is performed on the "OrderDate" item of "Order" file.
The totals (3) are automatically calculated.
The creation of a pivot table is performed in the editor via a wizard. For more details, see Creating a pivot table
Training (WINDEV): WD PivotTable