- How to?
- Special cases
The report viewer allows you to copy text from the report and paste it to a file in another application.
Reminder: The report viewer is available:
- in the report editor of WINDEV, WEBDEV, WINDEV Mobile.
- in "Reports and Queries".
- when printing reports from a WINDEV application.
To copy a text:
- In the report viewer, on the " Preview " tab, in the "Mode" group, click "Selection" ().
- Select the text to copy: click in front of the first letter of the sentence or expression and hold while you drag until the last letter of the text you want to select.
Remark: The text to select can be on multiple pages.
- Copy the selected text. You can:
- Press Ctrl + C.
- Right-click and select "Copy" in the context menu of the selection.
- Paste the text to the requested software (press Ctrl + V for example).
Remark: The text colors are kept if the target software supports the same color formatting
- If the selection includes charts, they will not be copied.
- If the report contains text in RTF, don't forget to use the iRTFWithImagesAndTables constant (iParameter) to optimize the text selection.
This page is also available for…