- The different options
- Pages to print
Report viewer: "Print" tab
The report viewer allows end users to view reports before printing them.
The "Print" tab allows the user to configure the print job on the selected printer. Then, the print job can be started via the "Start print job" button.
The report viewer allows you to select the printer:
- When printing reports created via the report editor or Reports and Queries, you can select the printer in the list of available printers.
- For print jobs configured programmatically (with WLanguage print functions), only the default printer or the printer previously selected with iConfigure is available.
Remark: If a different printer is used in the report viewer, it will remain selected:
- for future print jobs (started directly or via the report viewer),
- until iReset is called again
The "Printer properties" option opens the configuration window of the selected printer.
These are the available print settings:
- Color or black and white printing.
The report viewer shows the print preview with colors, regardless of the printer capabilities and configuration. Thus, even if the default printer is a black and white printer, the print colors are displayed in the viewer.
When the viewer is opened, the "Color/Black and white" radio button option is selected according to the printer settings:
Similarly, if a new printer is selected in the report viewer, the "Color/Black and white" radio button option changes according to the characteristics of the new printer.
- if the selected printer is a "black and white" printer, the "Black and white" option is selected,
- if the selected printer is a "color" printer, the "Color" option is selected,
- if the selected printer is a "color" printer but if it is set to "black and white", the "Black and white" option is selected.
The "Color/Black and white" radio button defines the physical print job launched from the viewer: the option selected by the end user takes precedence over the printer settings.
Any change of the "Color/Black and white" option is applied to the current preview only:
- the printer settings are not modified,
- the next preview will reposition the "Color/Black and white" option according to the printer settings.
- Duplex mode printing.
The "Duplex" option corresponds to the printer parameters. If these options are modified in the report viewer, only the printer settings are modified.
- Report orientation, paper size, etc.: A combo box can be displayed to choose the orientation of the document, the paper size, ...
This combo box can appear:
Pages to print
You have the ability to choose the pages to print, the number of copies and, in case of multiple copies, whether the pages are collated or not.
This page is also available for…