- Creating a Spreadsheet report
- Creating the report
- Characteristics of a Spreadsheet report and a Spreadsheet control
- Handling a Spreadsheet control in a report through programming
The report editor allows you to create "Spreadsheet" reports.
In this case, the report contains a Spreadsheet control only.
Remark: This type of control is created when creating a Spreadsheet report and can also be created independently of this report.
Creating a Spreadsheet report
Creating the report
To create a "Spreadsheet" report:
- Click in the quick access buttons.
- The creation window appears: click "Report" then "Report".
- The report creation wizard starts.
- Select a "Spreadsheet" report.
- In the rest of the wizard, specify:
- the data source of the Spreadsheet control created in the report. This source can be:
- a data file item,
- a Spreadsheet control in a window.
- none, if Spreadsheet control is assigned through programming.
- scaling options for the Spreadsheet control in the report:
- No scaling: The worksheet is printed with its dimensions. The print can be performed on several pages in width and in height if necessary.
- Adjust the calculation sheet to the control dimensions: The worksheet will be reduced in order to be entirely displayed in the Spreadsheet control.
- Adjust all the columns to the control width: The columns found in the worksheet will be reduced or enlarged in order for all the columns to be displayed in the control width.
- Adjust all the rows to the control height: The rows found in the worksheet will be reduced or enlarged in order for all the rows to be displayed in the control height.
- the template used if necessary.
Characteristics of a Spreadsheet report and a Spreadsheet control
You can modify the following characteristics of a Spreadsheet report:
- By default, the Spreadsheet report is not linked to a data source. The Spreadsheet report data source can be modified in the "Data" tab of the report description window ("Report description" in the report popup menu).
- The "General" tab of the Spreadsheet control description window allows you to specify the scaling characteristics of the Spreadsheet control.
- The "Content" tab of the Spreadsheet control description window allows you to link the Spreadsheet control to a data source:
- Memo item of a data file or query, etc, ...
- Spreadsheet control in a window.
- xlsDocument variable.
- The "Style" tab of the Spreadsheet control description window allows you to specify the style of the grid and header text displayed in the Spreadsheet control.
Handling a Spreadsheet control in a report through programming
You can associate the Spreadsheet of a report with:
- a variable of type xlsDocument. Simply use the code:
<Spreadsheet control> = <xlsDocument variable>
- an xls/xlsx file. Simply use the code:
<Spreadsheet control> = <Path of xls/xlsx file>
Caution: Spreadsheet control management functions cannot be used on the Spreadsheet control of a report.
This page is also available for…