- Tooltip on the chart values
- The different options of the context menu
- Zoom in a chart
- Enabling the zoom
- Handling the zoom
Handling the Chart controls at runtime (AAF)
At runtime, several chart features are available to the user:
Tooltip on the chart values
By default, in a chart, a tooltip is displayed when a data is hovered by the mouse cursor. This tooltip contains the value and the caption of series and category. This tooltip can be customized by grTooltip
The characteristics of this tooltip are as follows:
- Immediate display for better visibility,
- Tooltip border that use the color of the series. The association between the tooltip and the series is immediate.
- Semi-transparent tooltip: the chart below is visible.
- Arrow precisely pointing to the targeted point.
The different options of the context menu
A chart is associated with a context menu by default (displayed via a right mouse click).
This context menu allows end users to perform several operations.
The context menu of a chart is used to:
- configure the type of the chart: pie, line, column, stock chart, ... This allows you to choose the best view mode according to the displayed data.
- display (or not) the legend and configure its position.
- display (or not) the gridlines.
- configure the position of the different axes. For example:
- configure the style of the chart: view smoothed lines and gradient colors.
- enable the zoom (see next paragraph).
- enable the animations.
- enable the crosshair.
For more details, see Chart crosshair.
- save the chart in image format. The chart currently displayed (with all its characteristics) is saved.
- print the chart on the selected printer. The chart will be printed in color on a color printer.
Remark: You have the ability to configure this menu:
Enabling the zoom
The context menu of the chart is used to enable the zoom in the chart. You have the ability to enable:
- the horizontal zoom only.
- the vertical zoom only.
- the vertical and horizontal zoom.
This zoom can also be enabled by default when displaying the chart.
Handling the zoom
When the zoom is enabled, the chart can be handled via one of the following methods:
- Using vertical and horizontal scrollbars: you have the ability to specify the area to zoom by moving the different scrollbar boxes.
- Pressing Ctrl + the mouse wheel: the area pointed by the mouse is automatically zoomed.
The zoom wheel also operates when the Chart control is hovered (even if the control does not have focus).
- Using the lasso of the mouse: the area selected by the mouse lasso is automatically zoomed. To stop the zoom, press the Esc key.
- Pressing Ctrl + ('+' sign on the numeric keypad) and Ctrl - ('-' sign on the numeric keypad): the area found in the middle of the chart is automatically zoomed.
To restore the chart to its initial status:
- Selecting "Zoom .. Initial zoom" in the context menu of chart.
- Pressing Ctrl + 0.
Remark: If the chart is associated with a background image, the background image is not zoomed.
This page is also available for…