- Describing an Organizer control
- Popup menu proposed automatically
- Customizing the appointment area
Description of an Organizer control (control of a window)
Describing an Organizer control
The Organizer control can be configured in the editor via the description window ("Details" tab).
The available options are as follows:
- Parameters of the organizer:
The display mode can be modified by the user via the context menu of the control.
- Display mode and granularities: By default, the appointments are displayed:
When clicking the display options, a window is opened, allowing you to define the different display options:
It is possible to define the following elements:
- over a 5-day week, with move granularity and duration granularity set to 30 minutes.
When validating this window, the selected characteristics are summarized in the control description window.
- Display mode of the Organizer control: Allows you to define the duration of the displayed range: Day, month, week, ... or custom number of days.
- Granularity of appointments: Corresponds to the precision of the Organizer control. The appointments can start on a multiple of XX minutes, hours, ... and they can have a duration multiple of XX minutes, hours, ... The arrow button is used to enter preset values. The lock is used to link (or not) the values.
- The option "Remember mode" makes it possible to save and re-apply the display mode chosen by the user.
- Display mask for the date:
Used to define the format of the date displayed at the top of the "day" columns of the Organizer control.
- "Show week number" is used to specify whether the week number must be displayed or not. It is then possible to specify its format. In the format, the '%1' string corresponds to the week number. Example of format: "Wk. %1".
- The option "ISO 8601 format" is used to make sure that the weeks are numbered according to the ISO 8601 standard.
- The option "Display month if necessary" makes it possible to specify a shortened month name in the first date displayed in the control (if the date mask does not show the month) .
- Time slot:
- The visible time slot is the time range that will be displayed in the control.
- The working time slot corresponds to the time slot for which an appointment can be defined.
It is possible to modify these values by clicking on the double arrow.
To define specific time slots, use OrganizerWorkingHour.
- The option "Modify the range during the resize operation" makes it possible to enlarge the time slot when enlarging the control. For example, if the time slot goes from 9:00 to 18:00, when the control is enlarged, this visible time slot can become 6:00 to 23:00. In this case, the height of the rows remains constant.
- Characteristics of the appointment: The "Overlap" option makes it possible to manage several overlapping appointments. The appointments can be displayed side by side or they can be shifted.
- Other parameters:
- "Allow time range selection": Allows the user to select a period with the mouse.
- "Allow direct input of an appointment": Allows the user to directly enter an appointment in the Organizer control.
By default, the appointment goes into editing, and the user can enter the appointment title.
It is possible to display a window to set the appointment options.
- "Display and allow the appointments for the entire day": Used to specify that an appointment can correspond to a whole day. In this case, a specific area is displayed at the top of the Organizer control. This area is used to enter the daily appointments.
- Edit with the mouse (or touch):
- "Change duration": You can allow (or not) the user to modify the appointment duration.
- "Move". You can allow (or not) the user to move an appointment.
- "Allow users to overlap elements". If this option is selected, the user will be able to overlap appointments when moving them.
In this case, the options defined for overlapping appointments (offset or side by side) will be taken into account.
Popup menu proposed automatically
The Organizer control can display a specific popup menu proposing automatic features to the user. This menu is proposed by the AAF (Automatic Application Features).
This menu allows the user to:
- Modify the display mode of the Organizer control: daily, weekly, monthly display or display of the current day only.
- Add, delete or modify an appointment when selecting a time period.
Remarks: If the control is linked to a data source, the deletion performed in the control is performed at the same time in the linked data source.
- Print the content of the Organizer control.
Customizing the appointment area
In the Organizer control, the appointment is displayed in a specific area. You have the ability to translate and customize this area: color of title, background color of the appointment, ...
To modify the aspect of the appointments proposed by default, you have the ability to modify the style options defined for this element.
- Display the description window of the Organizer control.
- In the "Style" tab, select the "Appointments" element and modify the desired characteristics.
- use a shadow,
- use a separator in dots between hours,
- define the title and background options:
- solid background,
- gradient background,
- Solid background, multiline title and bottom line. This option is used to display the title on several lines (especially if the appointment is not wide enough to entirely display the title).
- define the fonts used, ...
To customize the display of appointments:
- Display the description window of the Organizer control.
- In the "General" tab, select the internal window used for the appointments:
- "None": the default display will be used.
- "Preset window": If this option is selected, the WDAAF internal component is immediately added to the current project.
- The "IW_WinDevViewAPT" internal window is automatically associated with the "Internal window for the appointments" option.
- If the WDAAF component already exists, only the window is added to the component.
- This window is also used to customize appointments in Scheduler controls.
- Any internal window in your project.
- If necessary, validate the control description window.
- The custom internal window is available in the "Project explorer" pane, in the "Internal components" folder. It can be modified in the window editor.
Caution: this internal window can only be used to customize the drawing regarding the display of appointments. Only the "Global declarations" event is executed. No other events are executed. Therefore, you cannot add buttons with a specific click code.
- If you are using the suggested preset window, the style options of the appointment (selected in the "Style" tag) are applied.
- The default internal window works only in Day/Week display mode. This window does not operate in Month display mode.
This page is also available for…