The parts 3, 4 and 5 of this tutorial will allow us to develop a site for order management that is using data files in HFSQL Classic format.
In part 3, we are going to develop the Intranet section of the site. This Intranet site will be used to view, enter and modify products. This site is a dynamic WEBDEV site in Session mode.
In a WEBDEV site in Session mode, only the site home page can be referenced.
Part 4 will allow you to develop the Internet section of the site. You will have the ability to list the new products and to see their details.
Part 5 will allow you to continue the site development, by proposing the following features:
- Printing reports,
- Managing use levels,
- Sending emails,
- Managing the multilingual feature.
The development of this site will also allow us to talk about site deployment in part 6. You will see the main points for developing a WEBDEV project.
The creation of project and analysis was presented in the previous section. We won't go back to it. We are going to work with a project that already contains an analysis and data files filled beforehand. The site analysis is an improved version of the analysis that was created in the previous part.
Let's see the analysis used:
This analysis contains the description of 5 data files:
This analysis is straightforward and it is used to manage orders.
The site that we are going to develop being quite long (it is a full site that will allow us to discover the main features of WEBDEV), several intermediate projects are available:
- A project used to perform the operations from part 3.
- A project used to start the operations from part 5. This project includes all the operations performed in parts 3 and 4.
- A final project used to perform the operations in part 6. This project includes all the operations performed in parts 3, 4 and 5.
- The different projects that can be opened are listed at the beginning of each lesson as well as the operations that must be performed to open them.