- Preliminary points
- Tutorial overview
- Legend of the symbols in this tutorial
- How to access the online help?
- If you are familiar with WINDEV Mobile 27
- What is WINDEV Mobile used for?
: This is a tutorial. It is recommended to check the online help when using WINDEV Mobile.
The purpose of this tutorial is to help you discover WINDEV Mobile, get acquainted with the editors and learn the WINDEV Mobile concepts. This tutorial does not cover all the features in WINDEV Mobile.
This tutorial is intended for developers who are already acquainted with WINDEV. It only presents the main concepts required to develop an application for mobile devices (Android, iPhone, iPad, etc.).
If you are not acquainted with WINDEV, we recommend that you read the WINDEV tutorial
Spend at least a few hours to follow this tutorial and learn WINDEV Mobile: it is a good investment!
As WINDEV Mobile is constantly evolving, the screenshots in the tutorial may be different from the windows displayed in your IDE.
The tutorial has been designed to help you develop on the main mobile platforms:
- iOS (iPhone/iPad).
This tutorial is divided into the following sections:
This tutorial has been designed to progressively teach you how to use WINDEV Mobile. By following this tutorial:
- you will discover the main concepts explained informally; these are the concepts you should learn and understand.
- you will also be asked to perform operations that illustrate the concepts just explained.
As you progress through the tutorial, if you want to take a closer look at a concept or if you want to get more details about a programming function, see the online help (accessible from the editors).
The size of a lesson is not necessarily proportional to its relevance.
And don't forget to take a look at the examples provided with WINDEV Mobile: they are very instructive!
Legend of the symbols in this tutorial
|This symbol indicates the duration of the lesson. Please note that the actual time may vary according to your level of experience.|
|An example is available to complement the lesson. The examples are available in the WINDEV Mobile home page (Ctrl + <).|
|This symbol introduces a "Tip": reading the associated text is strongly recommended.|
|This symbol introduces a "Warning": reading the associated text is essential.|
|This symbol introduces a "Note": reading the associated text is recommended.|
How to access the online help?
The WINDEV Mobile online help allows you to get detailed information about the 3700 WLanguage functions. The online help also contains help for editors, controls, tips and more.
The online help is available at any time in WINDEV Mobile:
- In the code editor, a specific help is available for each function via the F1 key.
- In WINDEV Mobile, each dialog box contains a button that opens the corresponding help page.
- The help menu of the editors ("Help" option on the "Home" tab, in the "Online help" group of the WINDEV Mobile menu) allows you to start the online help.
- The help can be displayed:
- in an Internet browser, if you have Internet access:
- in a specific "help browser":
Remark: To open the local help from the editor
|It is recommended to check the online help rather than the local help. The online help is updated on a regular basis.|
The WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile online help is available from any computer with Internet access. The IDEs do not need to be installed.
Users can add comments on the documentation pages: personal notes, examples, links and more.
- On the "Home" tab, in the "Environment" group, expand "Options" and select "General options of WINDEV Mobile".
- In the "Help" tab, select:
- the access mode to the help database.
- the help content: common help for WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile or help for the current IDE only.
If you are familiar with WINDEV Mobile 27
Even if you are already familiar with WINDEV Mobile 27, you can still find this tutorial very useful: it's a good opportunity to "review" the features of WINDEV Mobile!
What is WINDEV Mobile used for?
WINDEV Mobile is a DevOps Integrated Development Environment. It allows you to develop applications in many fields:
- Management of stocks.
- Inventories, tracking of goods.
- Adjustment and monitoring of machines on an assembly line.
- Taking orders for fast processing in a temporary outlet (fairs, schools, booth...).
- Customer forms.
- Help with making snap decisions on a cell phone.
- Checking the identity of visitors at an event: trade fair, presentation of products...
- On-call doctors or vets.
- Taking information in a temporary outlet: trade fair, street poll, stadium...
- Returning leased heavy equipment (tools, vehicles...) to a parking lot.
WINDEV Mobile is a development environment that includes all tools required to develop an application.
Unlike other programming languages, there is no need to find and add modules to be able to design, check and install an application.
You will be surprised by the simplicity of WLanguage, WINDEV Mobile's 5th Generation Language: a few hours are all you need to become familiar with it, a week is usually enough to fully master its potential!
No more programming hassle, WLanguage is available in English and French!
Click [Add] to post a comment