- How to?
Importing a non-WINDEV window
You are interested by a window found in a non-WINDEV application?
You want to retrieve its interface?
Nothing's easier. WINDEV enables you to import a window opened in the current environment.
The window is imported into the current project. Each window element is automatically changed into a WINDEV element (static control, edit control, button, ...).
Remark: All the window elements are imported but you may have to modify the window in order to get the requested interface.
To import a window into a WINDEV project:
- Open the WINDEV project into which the window must be imported.
- Click in the quick access buttons.
- The creation window appears: click "Window" then "Window".
- The window creation wizard starts.
- Display the "Import" tab. The windows currently displayed on the current computer are automatically listed. These windows are identified by their title (displayed in the title bar).
Remark: The "Generate images for unrecognized controls." option makes the final interface more similar to the interface of the window to be imported.
- Validate. The preview of the window to import is displayed.
- Modify (if necessary) the type of control created when importing the window ("Details" button).
- Validate. The window is automatically included in the current WINDEV project.
Are not imported:
- The code of the elements.
- The controls other than the following controls:
- standard controls of Windows,
- Delphi controls,
- Visual Basic controls.
- Images and background images (except if "Generate images for unrecognized controls." is checked).
- The color of the elements.
This page is also available for…