|Directory||Description||Can be deleted?||WINDEV||WEBDEV||WINDEV|
|<Accounting>||Main directory of the project|
This directory contains:
Remark: A file name starting with the '$' character means that the file is currently edited on a computer.
- the project (".WDP", ".WWP", ".WPP" file),
- the windows (".WDW" files),
- the pages (".WWH" files).
- the reports (".WDE" files),
- the queries (".WDR" files),
- the images used in the windows and reports, ...
|cache.management of sources||Directory used by the Source Code Manager (SCM)|
This directory contains the elements managed by the Source Code Manager (SCM).
|Data of automated tests||Directory used by the automated tests|
This directory contains the data of the different automatic tests defined in the project.
|Yes, but the test data will be lost.||X||X||X|
|<Name of Internal Component>||Directory used by the internal components|
If the project contains one or more internal components, the project directory contains subdirectories named as the internal component. For each internal component, this directory contains all the elements (windows, pages, reports, ...) of internal component.
|<Accounting>.aid||Directory of the project help (WINDEV only)|
This directory contains all the elements required to create the final help file: images, index, ...
This directory is found only if a help file (hlp or chm) is compiled from the project. For more details, see Creating a help file.
This directory is automatically re-created when the help is compiled.
|<Accounting>.ana||Directory of the project analysis|
This directory contains:
Remark: From version 20, you have the ability to optimize the format for analysis storage. The ".ana" directory is simplified and compressed. For more details, see Logical Data Model (LDM). Remark: This directory can be named:
- the description of the analysis (".WDA" and ".WDD" files) and the description of its files.
- the different generation versions of the analysis (for example, the "ANA00002" subdirectory contains the description of the analysis during the second generation).
- the description of the analysis during the last generation ("lastgen" subdirectory).
- the description of the analysis during the last backup ("lastsave" subdirectory).
- the code of the stored procedures defined in the analysis, ...
- Accounting.wd7 for an analysis created in WINDEV 7 or 7.5,
- Accounting.wd8 for an analysis created in WINDEV 8,
- Accounting.wd9 for an analysis created in WINDEV 9,
- Accounting.wd10 for an analysis created in WINDEV 10,
- Accounting.wd11 for an analysis created in WINDEV 11.
Remark: The "ANAxxx", "lastgen" and "lastsave" directories can be deleted. The version of the analysis found in each directory will be deleted.
|<Accounting>.cpl||Directory of the compiled codes|
This directory contains the compiled code files of each project element: windows, reports, queries, etc.
This directory is automatically re-created when the project is opened.
|<Accounting>._WEB||Directory of site resources (Project Name_WEB)|
This directory contains:
- The .CSS style sheets
- A folder for each language to generate the Sitemap.xml file (FR for French, UK for English, ...)
|Language code (FR, US, UK, ...)||Directory of page resources for each language (Language code of the project)|
For example, FR for French, UK for English, ...
This directory contains:
- The translated captions of each HTM page
- Images for each language.
|Documentation||Technical documentation directory|
- is created when printing the technical documentation of the project (or project element) in RTF or HTML ("Home" tab, "General" group, expand ).
- contains all the files generated when printing the project documentation in RTF or HTML format.
This directory is automatically re-created when printing the documentation of the project or the documentation of a project element in RTF or HTML format.
|EXE||Runtime directory of the project|
This directory contains all the elements required to run the project test and to run the project:
This directory is created:
- data files (".FIC", ".MMO" and ".NDX" files)
- the framework (".DLL" files) if it is not included in the executable
- the libraries (".WDL" files)
- during the project test: click in the quick access buttons.
- during the test of a project element: click in the quick access buttons.
- when creating the project executable: click . For more details, see Creating an executable.
Remark: If the project contains several project configurations, a subdirectory will be created for each project configuration when the element corresponding to the project configuration is generated (a directory containing the executable and its DLLs, a directory containing the Java archive, etc.).
|Yes, except if this directory contains data files.|
This directory is automatically re-created:
- when running the test of the project or the test of a project element.
- when creating the executable of the project.
|History||Directory of code history|
This directory contains the code of the modified processes.
A subdirectory is created for each type of element (WDE for reports, WDW for windows, etc.).
This directory is found only if the management of code history is enabled.
For more details, see Code history.
The code history will not be displayed anymore.
This directory will be automatically re-created when the code is modified if the code history is enabled.
|Install||Directory of the setup program of the project (client version)|
This directory contains the files required to install the application on the end-user computers.
For more details on how to install an application, see Setup program.
This directory will be automatically recreated when the setup program is generated (on the "Project" tab, in the "Generation" group, click "Setup procedure").
|InstGrp||Directory of the groups of files to install|
By default, when generating the setup program, the files to install are grouped in groups of files.
These groups of files (".WDZ" extension) are found in the "InstGrp" directory.
During the next generation of the setup program, if a group contains no file modified since the last generation, the corresponding file will not be re-created.
This directory will be automatically re-created when generating the setup program.
|PATCH||Directory of the patches generated from the project|
When creating a patch from a project, the patch is automatically created:
If a setup program is requested when creating the patch, the setup program will be generated in the PATCH directory only.
- in the directory of the executable (used to immediately run the test of the executable while using the patch)
- in the PATCH subdirectory of the project.
For more details, see Application patch.
This directory will be automatically re-created when generating a new patch.
|Backup||Directory of automatic backups|
This directory contains two archive files for each element (window, report, class, ...) used:
- ".BK*" files: last backup files.
- ".TK*" files: second to last backup files.
This directory is found only if "Management of automatic backup for the project elements" is checked in the "General" tab of the product options.
This directory will be automatically re-created during the next backup of a project element if the automatic backup of elements is managed.
|Task||Directory of the project tasks|
This directory contains the files of project tasks ("Task.FIC", "Task.NDX" and "Task.MMO").
For more details on project tasks, see Task list.
|Versions||Directory of project backups|
This directory contains the different backups of the project (as archive files).
To make a backup of a version of the project, on the "Project" tab, in the "Other actions" group, expand "Backup/Restore" and select "Make a project backup".
All the versions of the project will be deleted.
This directory will be automatically re-created during the next backup of a project version.