- The steps for creating a RAD pattern
- Which pages must be created?
- The files to create
- Standard to follow
- Creating a drop-down menu
Creating the menus for the pages of the WEBDEV RAD pattern
The steps for creating a RAD pattern
Which pages must be created?
The files to create
Reminder: To build a RAD pattern used to create a full project, the following files are required:
- A form for RADFileA.
- A form for RADFileB. A Vision Plus button (or a popup combo box) must allow you to select an element of RADFileA.
- A form for RADFileC. A Vision Plus button (or a popup combo box) must allow you to select an element of RADFileB.
- A table for RADFileA.
- A table for RADFileB.
- A table for RADFileC.
- A RADFileB/RADFileD relation page.
The main menu of the site can be included in the template associated with the pages.
Standard to follow
This help page presents the rules that apply when creating the pages of the RAD Pattern. These rules have been used to create the different patterns supplied with WEBDEV 16.
These rules are recommendations. You can implement and use your own standard.
In a WEBDEV site, the menu is displayed on all the pages of the site. Therefore, we advise you to create this menu in the page template, all the site pages being associated with the template.
The menu of your site can be an horizontal or a vertical drop-down menu.
This menu will be used to open:
- the form pages and the table pages defined in the pattern
- the other pages found in the pattern.
The following paragraphs explain how to create a drop-down menu.
Important: don't forget to create a first project page in your RAD pattern. This first page can be used to display the menu of the site and it can be the page used to manage the return from the Form or Table pages. In our example, this first page is named "PAGE_Home". This first page is a dynamic page (as all the pages of the pattern).
Creating a drop-down menu
In most cases, the drop-down menu is included in the template.
To create a drop-down menu:
- Create (if necessary) the page or the template that displays the menu.
- Create the menu: on the "Creation" tab, in the "Navigation" group, click "Menu".
- The menu options used for the specific RAD options must have a specific name: "MENUFIC_XXX" (MENUFIC_RADFileA for example). The menu options with this name will be duplicated for each file of the analysis.
The code associated with the options will also be duplicated and adapted (if necessary) to the file used.
The other menu options (used to start a feature included in the pattern for instance) can have any name. They will be automatically generated.
Code example: "Create a RADFileA" option
// Create a new record
// Open the form page