- The steps for creating a RAD pattern
- Creating the different pattern windows
- The files to create
- Difference between Mobile and Smartphone
- Standard to follow
- Creating the main menu of the WINDEV Mobile and Smartphone pattern
Creating the menus for the windows of the WINDEV Mobile RAD pattern
The steps for creating a RAD pattern
Creating the different pattern windows
The files to create
Reminder: To build a RAD pattern used to create a full project, the following files are required:
- A form for RADFileA.
- A form for RADFileB. A combo box and a Vision Plus button (or a popup combo box) must allow you to select an element of RADFileA.
- A form for RADFileC. A combo box and a Vision Plus button (or a popup combo box) must allow you to select an element of RADFileB.
- A table for RADFileA.
- A table for RADFileB.
- A table for RADFileC.
- A relation window RADFileB/RADFileD.
These different elements must contain link buttons. You also have the ability to provide the main menu of the application.
Difference between Mobile and Smartphone
Creating an application for Mobile and an application for Smartphone are two different things. On a Smartphone, the screen is smaller and a drop-down menu allows you to validate (or not) the screens.
This difference also applies to the RAD patterns. This help page explains how to create a form window for Mobile and for Smartphone.
Standard to follow
This help page presents the different rules that must be applied when creating the pages and windows of the RAD pattern. These rules have been used to create the different patterns supplied with WINDEV Mobile 16.
These rules are recommendations. You can implement and use your own standard.
In a WINDEV Mobile pattern, the main menu of the application is defined in a specific window. The menu is displayed as a drop-down menu. The different menu options are used to open:
- the form windows and the tables windows defined in the pattern
- other windows found in the pattern (a window for configuring the emails, ...).
Important: don't forget to define the first project window in your RAD pattern. In most cases, this first window corresponds to the menu window.
Creating the main menu of the WINDEV Mobile and Smartphone pattern
To create the main menu of the WINDEV Mobile and Smartphone pattern:
- Create (if necessary) the window where the menu will be displayed.
- Create the menu: on the "Window" tab, in the "Bars and menus" group, expand "Main menu" and select "Add main menu".
- Display the description window of "Menu" option:
- This option must be named: "MAINMENU_XXX" (where XXX is the name of your choice), for example "MAINMENU_File".
- Specify the caption of the option ("File" for example).
The menu options used for the specific RAD options must have a specific name: "MENUFIC_". The menu with this name will be duplicated as many times as necessary for the different files of the analysis that require a menu entry. The code associated with the options will also be duplicated and adapted (if necessary) to the file used.
The code can be for example:
The other menu options (used to start a feature included in the pattern for instance) can have any name. They will be automatically generated.
Example in Mobile mode Example in Smartphone mode
Remark: You have the ability to include separators in the menu.