- When should an SCM repository be created?
- Converting an existing SCM repository from HFSQL Classic to HFSQL Client/Server
- Changing the administrator password (SCM repository in Client/Server mode)
Creating an SCM repository
To share a project via the Source Code Manager, a repository must be created. This repository must be created once only on a server.
The operating system and the file system on which the SCM repository is installed must support files exceeding 4 GB.
The SCM repository can be created:
- on the SCM Drive (paying solution, turnkey). For more details, see SCMDrive.
In this case, you must specify:
- Your login (Email) and password,
- Your team.
- on a development platform of PCSCLOUD (paying solution, turnkey). For more details, see https://pcscloud.net/UK/cloud_development.awp.
In this case, you must specify:
- The name of your platform,
- The user name and password.
- on a previously installed HFSQL Client/Server server: the source database will be in HFSQL Client/Server format. In this case, you must specify:
- the server,
- the HFSQL database,
- the port used,
- the name and password of an HFSQL database administrator.
- in a shared directory on the network: all the SCM users must have full rights on this directory. The source database will be in HFSQL Classic format.
Simply specify the network directory where the repository will be created.
If you use a personal solution (HFSQL Client/Server server previously installed or SCM database in HFSQL Classic format), the machine must be reliable and secure. For more details, see HFSQL Client/Server database: Recommendations about securityRemark: From version 19, HFSQL is the new name of HyperFileSQL.
When should an SCM repository be created?
The SCM repository must be created once only.
WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile allow you to create this SCM repository:
When the source base is created, it is possible to import into this source base all WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile projects to share.
Converting an existing SCM repository from HFSQL Classic to HFSQL Client/Server
The following operations allow you to convert an existing SCM repository from HFSQL Classic to HFSQL Client/Server:
- Optimize the format of the HFSQL Classic SCM repository. To do so:
- open the SCM administrator: on the "SCM" pane, in the "Repository" group, expand "Manage" and select "SCM administrator".
- in the administrator, on the "Tools" pane, in the "Maintenance" group, select "Migrate to most recent format ".
- Install (if necessary) an HFSQL server on the computer where the SCM HFSQL Client/Server repository must be installed.
- In the SCM administrator, on the "Tools" pane, in the "Maintenance" group, select "Switch to Client/Server".
- All users can connect to the HFSQL Client/Server SCM repository by passing the necessary parameters (server, database, port used, name and password of an HFSQL database administrator).
We advise you to make backup copies of the repository on a regular basis. To do so, all you have to do is copy and archive the data files corresponding to the SCM.
This operation will be automatically performed in a forthcoming version.
Changing the administrator password (SCM repository in Client/Server mode)
The password of the SCM administrator, in a Client/Server database, must be changed in the HFSQL Control Center of the SCM repository.
All you have to do is:
- Select the server that corresponds to the SCM repository.
- Select the "Users" tab.
- Select the administrator in the list of users and click "Edit".
- Modify the password and validate.
This page is also available for…