- SCM menu
- "SCM" area
- "All elements" area
- "Current element" area
- "Project" area
- "Other actions" area
Toolbar and menu of the SCM
The operations on the SCM can be performed from the SCM tab of WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile.
This tab contains different areas:
- "All elements".
- "Current element".
- "Other actions".
Let's see the options of these different areas.
The "Manage" option is used to:
"All elements" area
This area is used to manage all the project elements.
- Retrieve all: Used to retrieve all the new versions of the project elements found in the SCM repository. The elements currently checked out by the user are not proposed.
- Check all back in: Used to check in all the checked-out project elements into the SCM repository. Some elements can remain checked out.
The "Status of elements" option is used to:
- Find out the status of elements: The list of project elements is displayed, with the date of last check-out and its author for each element.
- Refresh the status of elements: Used to update the list of projects elements and the status of each element.
"Current element" area
This area is used to manage the current element in the editor.
- Check out: Used to check out the file corresponding to the current element from the SCM repository. The latest version of the element is copied onto the local computer. Several check-out modes are available. For more details, see Checking out an element.
- Check in: Used to check in the file corresponding to the current element into the SCM repository. The element is copied into the SCM repository. It is made available to the other users of SCM. For more details, see Checking an element back in.
- Undo the check-out: Allows you to cancel the last check-out. The modifications are canceled and the file goes back to "Read-only".
- Get the latest version: Used to find out the last version of the current element in the editor. This latest version is the one found in the SCM repository.
- Show my modifications since the check-out: Used to view the modifications made to the current element since it was checked out.
- Compare with the repository version: Compares the current element (available locally) with the previous version in the SCM repository. This comparison can be performed even if the element was not checked out. Used to check the modifications made before the element is checked back in.
- Add: Used to add the element currently found in the editor into the SCM repository. If this option is used from the analysis editor, the analysis is added to the repository. For more details, see Adding an element into the repository.
- Properties: Used to display the properties of the current element (the different check-outs, the shares, ...).
- History: Used to get the list of modifications made to the element and who performed them. You can get an earlier version, save it, search for the differences (between 2 versions for example) or merge the SCM version with your version.
This area is used to manage the current project in the editor.
- Add the project: Used to add the project currently open in the editor in the SCM repository.
- Import from the SCM: Used to import into the current project an element found in the SCM (a component or a window found in another project for example). You can share the element or import a copy.
- Manage the Master/Guest mode: this option is used to manage the options for handling the master and guest projects. For more details, see Working with the Source Code Manager.
- Display the project history: Allows you to get the list of modifications made to the entire project and to the project file (WDP, WWP or WPP file). You have the ability to get an earlier version, save it, find the differences (between 2 versions for example), label the project version, ...
- Manage the branches: This option is used to:
"Other actions" area
This area is used to manage the style sheet of the project and the remote work.
- Check out or check in the project style sheet.
- Disconnect for a mobile use then reconnect and synchronize.
This page is also available for…