In french: Maintenant
- Return or modify the system time (current time defined for the current computer).
- Initialize some Date, Time or DateTime elements of WLanguage.
: When handling the system time, this function has the same effect as TimeSys
Res = Now() // Res = "15332105"
Res = TimeToString(Now()) // Res = "15:33:21:05"
CurrentTime = Left(Now(), 4) // CurrentTime = "1533"
// Display the current time in the CurrentTime control
// -- Initialization code of a window/page
// Call the "Clock" procedure every second
TimerSys("Clock", 100, 1)
// -- Clock procedure
CurrentTime = TimeToString(Now())
// Changes the system time and displays the new time
Finding out the system time and initializing a WLanguage element with the system time Hide the details
<Element> = Now()
<Element>: Character string or type corresponding to the element
The result of the function changes depending on how the function is used.
Element to initialize. This element can correspond to:
- a character string. It will contain the system time in HHMMSSCC format (HH corresponds to hours, MM to minutes, SS to seconds and CC to hundredths of a second).
- a Date, Time or DateTime variable.
- a Date, Time or DateTime item.
- an edit control or a Date, Time or DateTime column.
- an attribute of a Looper control associated with the Value property of an Edit control or a Date, Time or DateTime column.
In this case:
- the Date elements will be initialized with the system date.
- the Time elements will be initialized with the system time.
- the DateTime elements will be initialized with the system date and time.
<New time>: Character string or Time variable
New system time in HHMMSSCC format (HH corresponds to hours, MM to minutes, SS to seconds and CC to hundredths of a second).
Business / UI classification: Neutral code
This page is also available for…