Indicates the number of attempts to lock the data file or the record before giving control back to the program. This information applies to all data files.
Indeed, the data file or the record to lock may have been locked by another program for a few seconds only. Therefore, it may be interesting to repeat the lock request several times.
H.NbRetry can only be used in multi-user mode.
Caution: This value is not taken into account in HFSQL Classic when the lock was implemented by another HFSQL context of the same application. This case may occur when two threads are being used.
- H.NbRetry is equal to 50 by default.
- The value of H.NbRetry can be modified as many times as necessary, according to the types of locks.
- The value "0" must not be used: no modification is performed.
- The value "-1" means that there is a very important number of repeated lock attempts. If this option is selected, you must necessarily prevent from the risks of deadlock.
- For any negative value (other than -1), no modification is performed.
- The value that must be assigned to H.NbRetry depends on the network speed. The faster the network is, the less the value of H.NbRetry will be.